2 (chapter 3)

"Malfoy is just a brat, you saw what his father was like, it's no wonder that he's the same" I say. She laughs but shakes her head."I could break his nose if you'd like?"

"No it's fine Y/N, come on it's nearly curfew. We should find Harry" She says. We bump into him around the corner.

"Harry?" I ask.

"Did you hear that?" He says looking around. He runs down the rest of the corridor and then stops. I feel a cold shiver go up my spine.

"Oh my god" Ron says as we see the blood on the wall. People start to gather around.

"Enemies of the Heir, beware. You'll be next, Mudbloods" Draco says from the front. I glare at him angrily.

"What's going on here? Go on. Make way, make way. Potter? What are you...? Mrs. Norris? You've murdered my cat" Filch says pushing past us. "No. No I'll kill you. I'll kill you!"

"Argus! Argus, I... Everyone will proceed to their dormitories immediately. Everyone except...you four" Dumbledore says. He walks forward with Snape and McGonagall. "She's not dead, Argus. She has been Petrified"

"Thought so. So unlucky I wasn't there. I know exactly the countercurse that could've spared her" Lockheart says looking at the cat.

"But how she has been Petrified, I cannot say" Dumbledore says.

"Ask him. It's him that's done it. You saw what he wrote on the wall" Filch says pointing at my brother.

"It's not true, sir. I swear. I never touched Mrs. Norris" He shouts.

"Rubbish" Filch spits angrily.

"If I might, headmaster? Perhaps Potter and his friends were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. However..the circumstances are suspicious" Snape says walking over to us. "I, for one, don't recall seeing Potter at dinner"

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Severus. You see, Harry was helping me answer my fan mail" Lockheart says.

"That's why Hermione, Ron and I went looking for him, professor. We'd just found him when he said..." I tell them and then stop.

"Yes, Miss Potter?" Snape says looking at me confused.

"When I said I wasn't hungry. We were heading back to the common room when we found Mrs. Norris" Harry interrupts.

"Innocent until proven guilty, Severus" Dumbledore says and then nods.

"My cat has been Petrified. I want to see some punishment!" Filch demands and stamps his foot.

"We will be able to cure her, Argus. As I understand it, Madam Sprout has a very healthy growth of Mandrake. When matured, a potion will be made which will revive Mrs. Norris. And in the meantime...I strongly recommend caution...to all" Dumbledore says. We are allowed to leave. We begin running up to our common room.

"It's a bit strange, isn't it?" Ron says.

"Strange?" He asks and continues walking up the stairs.

"You hear this voice, a voice only you can hear...and then Mrs. Norris turns up Petrified. It's just strange" He says.

"Do you think I should have told them? Dumbledore and the others, I mean?" Harry asks.

"Are you mad?" I say stopping on the stairs.

"No, Harry. Even in the wizarding world, hearing voices isn't a good sign" Hermione says. We both walk up to the common room.

"Just try keep it to yourself, we don't need anymore trouble this year Harry" I say and then go up to my room.