2 (chapter 2)

After collecting the rest of our school supplies we are at the train station about to go to the train. "Come on Y/N it's 10:58, come on. The train will be leaving any moment" Hermione says. Mrs Weasley turns to us.

"Hermione, Y/N you guys go through" She says. We both run through quickly. Fred, Percy and George join us after. We put our stuff on the train and try to find a cabin.

"Where are Harry and Ron?" I ask Hermione. She looks around as do I and then shrugs.

"They must be sitting in a different carriage, come on" She says leading me into a carriage with Fred and George.

"Hey Fred, George" I say sitting across from them.

"Hey Y/N, Hermione" They both say together. I look around and sigh as the train starts.

"I still haven't seen them" I say to Hermione.

"Calm down, they'll be here" She says as Ginny walks over to us. I smile and wave her in.

"Ginny, come sit with us" I say. She comes into the carriage and sits with her brothers. "Are you nervous about the sorting?"

"A little but everyone else in my family is a Griffyndor" She shrugs.

"You'll be fine" I tell her. We finally arrive at Hogwarts, at dinner there is still no sign of Harry or Ron. I have a feeling something is wrong but I have no way to try to find Harry. Ginny gets sorted into Griffyndor and she runs over to our table with a bright smile. I catch up with a few of my classmates but mostly spend the time laughing with George. After we are ushered straight to the common room. This year our dorm is slightly smaller and it's just Hermione and I. After unpacking and settling in I decide to get some rest. Halfway through the night I am awoken by someone shaking me.

"Miss Potter" She says. I sit up and look at Professor McGonagall.

"Professor McGonagall" I say. She smiles.

"I'm sorry to wake you, but your brother has finally arrived," She says. I nod and breathe a sigh of relief.

"Thank you for letting me know" I tell her and she leaves the room. Hermione and I meet Harry and Ron in the morning on our way to Herbology.

"Morning, everyone" Professor Sprout says. "Good morning, everyone" Everyone turns their attention to her.

"Good morning, Professor Sprout" We all say. She nods and stands at the head of the table.

"Welcome to Greenhouse Three, second years. Gather around, everyone. Today we're going to re-pot Mandrakes. Who here can tell me the properties of the Mandrake root?" She says. As we all take our place in front of two pots."Yes, Miss Granger?"

"Mandrake, or Mandragora... ...is used to return those who have been Petrified to their original state. It's also dangerous. The Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it" Hermione says. I look over to Harry and Ron who look bored already.

"Excellent. Ten points to Gryffindor. As our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cries won't kill you yet. But they could knock you out for hours, which is why I have given you earmuffs for auditory protection. So could you please put them on, right away? Quickly. Flaps tight down, and watch me closely. You grasp your Mandrake firmly. You pull it sharply up out of the pot. Got it? And now you dunk it down into the other pot and pour a little sprinkling of soil to keep him warm. Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs" She says and demonstrates. I watch as Nevill falls to the floor unconscious. Malfoy and his goons all laugh at him.

"No, ma'am, he's just fainted," Seamus says.

"Yes, well, just leave him there. Right, on we go. Plenty of pots to go around. Grasp your Mandrake and pull it up" She says. I grab mine and pull it out quickly. I ignore the cries and quickly shove it in the other pot. I watch as Draco gets his finger bitten and I laugh. He glares at me. When we are walking to lunch Harry and Ron tell us about what happened.