3 (chapter 7)

I run straight into an empty classroom and let my tears fall. I grab a stack of books and throw them off the table angrily. "Potterette?" Malfoy calls. I don't turn around I just lean on the desk trying to ignore my anger.

"Malfoy! What the hell do you want?" I shout. He walks over to me and I keep my head down. The last thing I need is him thinking I'm weak. I'll never live it down.

"Are you crying?" He asks, his voice softening.

"No I'm not. Now leave me alone" I say wiping the tears from my face. I go to leave but he grabs my hand. When I turn to him he let's it go. He takes in my tears stained face and then shakes his head.

"Wait...I thought you'd be happy being able to go hogs mead with them" He says but spits out the them part. I look at him confused. Then it clicks.

"What are you talking about? Wait...it was you" I say finally clocking on. He shifts on his feet and looks away. What the hell is happening?

"I found a spell to forge a signature. I should have asked" He admits. This is so confusing. Why is he acting like this?

"Why would you do that?" I ask. He looks at me then looks away again staring at the floor.

"Um...because I...I dunno why I did it okay?" He says and then rushes out of the room. I sit back on the desk as my mind swims.

A few days later I am walking to meet Ron and Hermione who are arguing as normal. This time it is about Scabbers again. Ron still believes Hermione's cat is responsible. I beg to differ, Crookshanks is a lovely cat. Mine just sleeps at the end of my bed most of the day. It's kind of boring actually.

"Beautiful day. Gorgeous" Hermione says as we walk out of the school and down to meet Hagrid.

"Unless you've been ripped to pieces!" Ron shoots back. Both Harry and I raise our eyebrows at each other.

"Ripped to pieces? What are you talking about?" Harry asks nervously.

"Ronald has lost his rat" Hermione says. Ron throws his arms out annoyed.

"I haven't lost anything! Your cat killed him!" He shouts. Hermione walks ahead.

"Rubbish" She says.

"Y/N,Harry, you've seen the way that bloodthirsty beast of hers... is always lurking about. And Scabbers is gone" Ron says looking at the two of us for back up. I hold my hands up. I've learnt to keep my mouth shut during Ron and Hermione arguments.

"Well, maybe you should take better care of your pets!" Hermione says as we walk down the steps.

"Your cat killed him!" He says exasperated.

"Did not" Hermione shoots back. Ron rolls his eyes and stops at the bottom of the stairs.

"Did" He says.

"Didn't," She says.

"Okay children let's stop now" I say as we get to the beach and see Hagrid skimming stones.

"How did it go, Hagrid? The hearing?" Hermione asks as we sit on the shore watching him. He just grumbles and carries on throwing the stones.

"Well, first off, the committee members took turns... talking about why we were there. I got up and did my piece. Said how Buckbeak... was a good hippogriff, always cleaned his feathers. And then Lucius Malfoy got up. Well, you can imagine. He said Buckbeak was a deadly and dangerous creature... who would kill you as soon as look at you" Hagrid says. He shakes his head in between sentences and I can tell he's still riled up.

"And then?" Hermione asks standing up.

"And then he asked for the worst, did old Lucius" He says not turning to us.