3 (chapter 5)

"Turn to page 394" Snape demands as the door opens and he walks in.

"Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?" Harry says. Snape turns on his heel and glares at Harry.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394" He says. I flip open my page and look at it confused.

"Werewolves?" I ask. Hermione puts her hand up and Snape rolls his eyes turning to her.

"Sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks. We're not meant to start that for weeks" She says.

"Quiet" He says.

"When did she come in? Did you see her come in?" Ron says looking at Harry and I.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf? No one? How disappointing" Snape says.

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon... he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend. The werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind" Hermione says from next to me. Malfoy makes a werewolf noise and Snape glares at him.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy" Snape says. "That's the second time... you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?" Hermione looks away embarrassed. I look up at Snape and he looks more annoyed than normal.

"He's got a point, you know" Ron says. I shake my head at him. Snape really doesn't like Hermione. I can tell she's bothered but she shrugs it off.

"Five points from Gryffindor. As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on recognizing it" Snape says. Wow he's really got it in for us today.

"It's Quidditch tomorrow," Harry says. Snape stops in front of his desk.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Mr. Potter. Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394" He says and walks back to the front. At quidditch the next day it's pouring down with rain and lightning hits every now and then.

"Go, Harry!" Hermione shouts. He is very disoriented from the rain and thunder but finds the snitch easily. He chases after it as quickly as he can. A lightning bolt hits the stand and I slip on the chair. A hand grabs me and helps me up.

"Shit!" I say and look up to see Malfoy helping me. My heart flutters as his hand grasps mine and his other is on my waist.

"You okay?" He asks and I nod slowly. He looks me over to check for injuries.

"Yeah, Thank you" I say. He nods and walks away again. I turn back to the game when he's out of sight still reeling from the encounter.

"Go, Harry!" Gryffindor shouts as he follows the snitch up into the clouds. It goes quiet apart from a few lightning flashes. I look up and see a figure hurtling to the ground. I notice it's Harry and I feel sick. I jump up to try to think of a way to help him. My eyes meet Dumbledore from the stand ahead of me.

"Aresto momentum!" Dumbledore shouts, stopping Harry from hurting himself. I run to the hospital wing to see Harry slowly waking up.

"He looks a bit peaky, doesn't he?" Ron says.

"Peaky? What do you expect? He fell over 100 feet. Let's walk you off a tower and see what you look like" I say. He shrugs at me. 

"Probably a right sight better than he normally does" Harry says and I shake my head in disbelief and smile. Harry's eyes open slowly. Relief fills me as he smiles.

"How are you feeling?" Hermione asks. He nods and sits up.

"Oh, brilliant. You gave us a right good scare" Ron says. He smiles at me and I sit on the edge of his bed. The other Gryffindor team are

"What happened?" He asks.

"Well, you fell off your broom" I tell him. He shrugs.

"Really? I meant the match. Who won?" He asks and his teammates look away.

"No one blames you, Harry. Dementors aren't supposed to be on the grounds. Dumbledore's furious. After he saved you, he sent them off" Hermione says. He just sighs.

"There's something else you should know too. When you fell, your broom sort of blew into the Whomping Willow, and... Well..." Ron says. He takes it out and it's in pieces. He shakes his head and I smile at him reassuringly.