6 (chapter 3)

"For weeks, you carry around this book. Practically, sleep with it, and yet you have no desire to find out who the Half-Blood Prince is" Hermione says as we walk into Hogsmead.

"I didn't say I wasn't curious and I don't sleep with it" Harry defends himself and then looks at Ron.

"Well, it's true. Well, I got a nice chat before I go to bed. And all you do is that bloody book. It's like being with Hermione" He says. I laugh and Harry frowns in defeat.

"Well, I was curious So, I went to..." Hermione starts.

"The library?" The boys finish. She huffs and I hold my hands up.

"And?" Harry asks. She looks annoyed.

"And nothing. I couldn't find a reference anywhere to the Half-Blood Prince" She admits.

"There we go. That settles it, then" Harry says as we see Professor Slughorn ahead of us talking to Flitwick.

"...hoping to find you in the Three Broomsticks" He says.

"Uh no, emergency choir practice from the freighthorse" Flitwick says rushing off.

"Does anyone fancy a butterbeer?" Harry says. We nod and walk down to the three broomsticks. We go inside and I sit next to Hermione.

"Ron, sit aside me" Harry says and Ron looks confused but moves his chair to sit next to him.

"Okay" He says.

"Something to drink?" The Bartender comes over.

"Four butterbeers and some ginger in mine, please" Hermione says.

"Oh, bloody hell" Ron says looking over at a booth. I look over to see Ginny and Dean. I turn to Ron with a smile.

"Ron, see they're only holding hands" Hermione says and they lean into a kiss.

"And snogging" I say. He turns and then rolls his eyes.

"I'd like to leave," He says, going to get up. Harry pulls him back down.

"What? You can't be serious" Hermione says. He glares at Dean.

"That happens to be my sister" He says. Hermione just shrugs. "Harry back me up, isnt it like that when you see Y/N and Malfoy kiss?"

"I've never seen them kiss" He says and I smile smugly at him.

"So? What if she looked at me and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?" Hermione says. Slughorn walks over.

"Hey, my boy. So wonderful to see you" He says as Harry stands up. I give Harry a weird look. Since when was he besties with a teacher.

"And you, and you. So what brings you here?" He asks.

"Oh, Three Broomsticks and I go way back further than I care to admit. I could remember when it was One Broomstick" He says and spills some of his drink on Hermione. I help her wipe it off. "All hands on deck, Granger. Listen, my boy, in the old days, I used to throw together the occassional supper party. Select a student or two. Would you be game?"

"I consider it an honor, sir" Harry says.

"You'd be welcome too, Y/N and Granger" He says smiling at us both. I nod and smile at him.

"I'd be delighted, sir" Hermione says with a foam moustache.

"Same here" I say.

"Splendid! Look for my owl. Good to see you, Wallenby" He says and Ron looks defeated. Harry sits back down and I cross my arms.

"What are you playing at?" I ask.

"Dumbledore asked me to get to know him," He says. I raise my eyebrows.

"Get to know him?" Ron says.

"Dunno. It must be important. If it wasn't, Dumbledore wouldn't ask" Harry says and Ron nods looking at Hermione.

"You got a little bit..." He says pointing to her moustache. I chuckle at her as she wipes it off.

"Did you hear what she was saying back in the pub there on me and her snogging?" Ron says when we're walking back. I roll my eyes at him.

"Oh grow up Ron" I say as Hermione links arms with me. There's a scream ahead and Katie is flying in the air.

"I warned her. I warned her not to touch it" Another girl says. Katie drops to the floor in a heap and I run over to her.

"Don't get any closer! Get back, all of you" Hagrid shouts. He picks Katie up. "Do not touch that, except for the wrappings. Do you understand?" We are taken to McGonagall and Katie is in the hospital.

"You're sure Katie did not have this in her possession when she entered the Three Broomsticks?" McGonagall asks Leanne. She nods again.

"It's like I said. She left to go to the loo. And when she came back, she had the package. She said it was important that she deliver it" Leanne says.

"Did she say to whom?" McGonagall presses.

"To Professor Dumbledore" She says.

"Very well. Thank you, Leanne. You may go" McGonagall turns to us. "Why is it when something happens, it is always you four?"

"Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for six years" Ron says and I hit his shoulder. Why would he say that? Professor Snape walks in and looks at the necklace.

"Oh, Severus. What do you think?" She says.

"I think Ms. Bell is lucky to be alive" He says.

"She was cursed, wasn't she?" I ask.

"I know Katie. Off the Quidditch pitch, she wouldn't hurt a fly. If she was delivering that to Professor Dumbledore, she wasn't doing it knowingly" Harry adds. McGongall turns to us.

"Yes, she was cursed" She admits.

"It was Malfoy," Harry says and I turn to glare at him.

"Harry!" I say.

"That is a very serious accusation, Potter," McGonagall says. I cannot believe he just said that.

"Indeed. Your evidence?" Snape asks.

"I just know" He says.

"You "just" know. Once again, you're astonished with your gifts, Potter. Gifts mere mortals can only dream of possessing. How grand it must be to be the Chosen One. I suggest you go back to your dormitories. All of you" He says and we leave.

"I cannot believe you! I thought you'd dropped this!" I shout as soon as we are in the common room.

"He's one of them Y/N! Stop being blinded by him!" Harry shoots back. I shake my head and scoff at him. He's one to talk.

"I think you're the one being blinded by your hate! Draco is not his father and you need to stop saying these things about him!" I scream and then leave quickly.

"Y/N Wait!" Hermione says. I slam my dorm door in anger and flop down on my bed.