4 (chapter 5)

The next morning I'm in a daze at breakfast. Draco sends me an occasional wink and I smile at him. Not that anyone has noticed my uplifted mood. Which is good cause I don't think my brother is going to be too happy.

"Look at this! l can't believe it! She's done it again. Hermione complains putting the paper down. ''Miss Granger, a plain but ambitious girl, seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey, sources report...is none other than the Bulgarian bonbon, Viktor Krum. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow" Harry just rolls his eyes and Nigel walks over with a box. I turn my full attention to them and snap out of it.

"Parcel for you, Mr. Weasley" He says. Ron takes it from him and the three of us share a look. Nigel stares between Harry and I. I look down uncomfortably.

"Thank you, Nigel. Not now, Nigel. Later. Go on. l told him l'd get him Harry and Y/N's autograph. Oh, look, Mum's sent me something" He says. I shake my head at him unimpressed. He takes the frilly brown dress thing out and my eyes widen. "Mum sent me a dress"

"Well, it does match your eyes. is there a bonnet?" Harry teases. He holds up a white shirt part. I just laugh at them both.

"Nose down, Harry" Ron says and walks over to Ginny.
"Ginny, these must be for you"

"l'm not wearing that, it's ghastly" She says turning her nose up.

"What are you on about?" He says turning back to the three of us.

"They're not for Ginny. They're for you" Hermione laughs. "Dress robes."

"Dress robes? For what?" Ron asks.

"The ball? Were you not listening in McGonagalls class?" I say. Both Harry and Ron give each other a look.

"Ball? Please tell me your joking" Harry says.

"You two forgot didn't you?" I say laughing as we make our way to McGonagall's dance class.

"The Yule Ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard Tournament since its inception. On Christmas Eve night, we and our guests gather in the Great Hall for a night of well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school l expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward. And l mean this literally, because the Yule Ball is, first and foremost a dance. Silence! The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizard world for nearly 10 centuries. l will not have you, in the course of a single evening, besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons" She says sternly. The boys are all quietly whispering to each other. "Now, to dance is to let the body breathe. lnside every girl, a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight. lnside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr. Weasley"

"Yes?" He says and she makes him stand.

"This is priceless" I whisper to Hermione and she nods with a wide smile.

"Will you join me, please? Now, place your right hand on my waist" She says. Ron looks distraught and they laugh around the room.

"Where?" He says. She leads his hands. I am absolutely cackling with laughter next to Hermione at his expression. He glares at me and I just shrug.

"My waist. And extend your arm. Mr. Filch, if you please. One, two, three. One, two, three. One, two, three" She says and they start the steps. After demonstrating they pull apart. "Everybody come together. Boys, on your feet!" Fred walks over and holds his hand out to me. I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Don't step on my feet Fred" I warn. He fakes a scared look and then pokes his tongue out.

"I promise I won't" He says. I laugh and he leads me very well. I nod in approval and look up at him. He spins me around and I land back in his arms.