5 (chapter 1)

This summer has possibly been the longest I've had since I've been at Hogwarts. I have been staying with the Weasleys. Harry is staying at home as we have been told to keep him in the dark about current events. Draco and I have been sending letters on the downlow after we decided to keep us secret for both of us.

"Y/N?" Sirius says walking up onto the roof. I look up from my book and smile at him.

"Oh hey, I didn't see you there" I say smiling as he sits opposite me.

"Good book?" He asks. I close it and sigh.

"Yeah, I mean mostly I was daydreaming" I say. He nods understandingly.

"You still feel bad about leaving Harry out?" He says. I shrug. I do feel bad. I think Harry should be here with us.

"Don't you?" I ask.

"Absolutely but as usual we don't have much choice" He says. I know he's right especially after the multiple arguments about it with the others in the order. "He's on his way anyway" My head shoots up.

"What?" I ask.

"He was attacked by Dementors with your cousin and then used a patronus" He says. My eyes widen in shock.

"So he's been expelled?!" I say gobsmacked.

"No Dumbledore managed to get him a hearing" He says. I sigh in relief and he helps me back down the hatch.

"Brilliant" I say, jumping down.

"I have a meeting but I'll see you soon" He says and gives me a hug.

"Do I need to be there?" I ask and he shakes his head. Sirius and I have gotten really close which is also something that I feel incredibly guilty about. Harry should have this chance too.

"Not this one sweetheart, it's only boring" He says. I go to Hermione and my room. She's sat on the bed organising her books for Hogwarts.

"Hey, where have you been all day?" She says smiling at me.

"On the roof" I say flopping down on my bed. She holds out a white envelope.

"A letter came for you at my house, it's from Draco" She says. I feel the butterflies in my tummy and smile.

"Thank you" I say, taking it from her. She sits on the edge of her bed. I sit up and turn to her.

"You need to be careful Y/N. If Lucius finds out..." She says. I sigh and nod.

"I know, we will both be screwed" I say. She gives me a sad smile. As the door opens to reveal Ron and Harry. He walks in and Hermione hugs him.

"Oh, Harry. Are you all right? We overheard them talking about the Dementor attack. You must tell us everything" She says. He looks a little shocked to see us all here. I put my letter in my top draw.

"Let the man breathe, Hermione" Ron says sitting on my bed.

"And this hearing at the Ministry. It's just outrageous. I've looked it up. They simply can't expel you. It's completely unfair" Hermione states. She would have already have searched it up.

"Yeah. There's a lot of that going round at the moment. So, what is this place?" He says looking around the room.

"It's headquarters. Of the Order of the Phoenix. It's a secret society. Dumbledore formed it back when they fought You-Know-Who" Hermione explains and Harry's eyes meet mine as my guilt increases.

"Couldn't have put any of this in a letter, I suppose? I've gone all summer without a scrap of news" He says. I sigh sadly as I know he's angry at me.

"We wanted to write, mate. Really, we did. Only..." Ron starts.