3 (chapter 8)

I manage to fall into the hole after Harry and Hermione and land on my stomach. I groan quietly as they both help me up.

"I'm okay" I assure them with a deep breath.

"Where do you suppose this goes?" Hermione asks looking down the dark tunnel.

"I have a hunch. I just hope I'm wrong" Harry says and I follow after him slowly. We come to an empty dark room and I feel my goosebumps erupt on my arms and legs.

"We're in the Shrieking Shack, aren't we?" Hermione asks looking around. We reach a black trapdoor and Harry helps me up into a dusty room. Hermione follows after. I turn to see Ron on the floor clutching Scabbers. I rush over to him and kneel down.

"Come on. Ron. Ron. You're okay" Harry says smirking at him. Ron shakes his head in utter fear. His eyes widened and his jaw trembling.

"The dog" He whispers.

"Where is it?" I ask and look around the room. Ron shakes his head.

"It's a trap. He's the dog. He's an Animagus" He says. My eyes follow the paw prints to see two feet. I follow them up the body and a door swings revealing Sirius Black. Harry steps in front of me and Ron. Hermione pushes him and takes out her wand.

"If you want to kill Harry or Y/N, you have to kill us too!" She says. Black just laughs and walks forward a few steps.

"No. Only one will die tonight" He says and lunges forward. Harry pushes Hermione out of the way and grabs his collar.

"Then it'll be you!" He shouts throwing him to the ground. He kneels over him and points his wand at his neck. My heart rate rises as Sirius laughs in his face.

"Are you going to kill me, Harry?" He says.

"Expelliarmus!" A voice shouts. I look up to see Professor Lupin. Harry clambers off of Sirius and stands up slowly turning towards him. "Well, well, Sirius. Looking rather ragged, aren't we? Finally, the flesh reflects the madness within" His wand is pointed at him.

"Well, you'd know all about the madness within, wouldn't you?" Sirius says and then smiles. They both hug each other and my jaw drops. "I found him. I know. It's him"

"I understand. Let's kill him!" Lupin says and turns to us with his wand raised. Harry steps in front of me protectively.

"No! I trusted you! And all this time, you've been his friend" Harry shouts angrily. Hermione walks forward with a determined look and I share a scared look with Ron.

"He's a werewolf! That's why he's been missing classes" Hermione admits. I look at her like she's crazy and then back at Lupin. I slowly stand up letting go of Ron's arm.

"How long have you known?" He asks.

"Since Professor Snape set the essay" Hermione says. He smiles and nods slowly looking at Sirius and back at us.

"Well, Hermione. You are the brightest witch of your age I've ever met" He says.

"Enough talk, Remus! Come on, let's kill him!" Sirus begs. He really does look and sound mad. But I'm missing something important. He keeps saying him as if he's not actually going for Harry and I.

"Wait!" Lupin demands and holds him back.

"I did my waiting! Twelve years of it! In Azkaban!"He shouts and pulls Lupin off of him.

"Very well. Kill him. But wait one more minute. Y/N and Harry have the right to know why" He says. Sirius steps back slowly and nods. His eyes searching Harry and I. He hands Sirius his wand and I shake my head in utter disbelief. Why would he help us?