3 (chapter 4)

"Intriguing, isn't it? Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?" Lupin asks. I am stood with Harry and Ron. On the other side of the classroom as far away from Malfoy as I can get. He keeps trying to corner me and get my attention but I'm having none of it.

"That's a boggart, that is" Someone shouts. I turn back to the weird wardrobe. Hermione told me about Boggarts a while ago. They're interesting creatures, I dread to think what mine would be.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?" He says and I look at the wardrobe curiously.

"No one knows" Hermione says. Ron turns to Harry and I.

"When did she get here?" He whispers. I shrug and turn back to Lupin.

"Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most. That's what makes them so..." She continues. I feel a pair of eyes on me and I know their Draco's so I ignore him and don't meet his gaze.

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes... Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please. After me. Riddikulus!" Lupin demonstrates.

"Riddikulus!" Everyone says. I smile as Ron gets mixed up on his words.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Riddikulus!" Lupin continues.

"Riddikulus!" We say again. He nods and smiles at us.

"This class is ridiculous" Malfoy says leaning on the wall. I just scoff and cross my arms. This class isn't the only thing that's ridiculous. This time I do meet his gaze and give him a smug smirk.

"Very good. So much for the easy part. You see, the incantation alone is not enough. What really finishes a boggart is laughter. You need to force it to assume a shape you find truly amusing. Let me explain. Neville, would you join me, please? Come on, don't be shy. Come on. Come on" He says and Neville walks forward slowly.

"Hello" He says.

"Neville, what frightens you most of all?" Lupin asks. Neville thinks for a moment and then whispers a response. "Sorry?"

"Professor Snape" He repeats. Lupin nods with a wide smile on his face.

"Professor Snape. Yes, frightens all. You live with your grandmother" He asks and walks over to the wardrobe.

"I don't want it to turn into her, either" Neville says and takes a step back.

"No... it won't. I want you to picture her clothes. Only her clothes, very clearly, in your mind" He says. Neville closes his eyes and stays quiet for a second.

"She carries a red handbag..." He says. The class laughs as Lupin stands up straight in front of the wardrobe.

"We don't need to hear. As long as you see it, we'll see it. Now, when I open that wardrobe... here's what I want you to do. Excuse me. Imagine Professor Snape in your grandmother's clothes. Can you do that?" He says. This is actually a pretty clever spell to overcome a fear. Let's just hope I don't get picked out cause I don't think people would like what came out of the wardrobe.

"Yes" Neville nods.

"Wand at the ready. One, two, three. Think, Neville, think" He says and Neville flicks his wand.

"Riddikulus!" He says and Snape turns into almost a woman version of himself. We laugh and Neville looks proud of himself. I clap and he smiles gratefully at me.

"Wonderful, Neville, wonderful! Incredible! Okay... to the back, Neville. Everyone, form a line... Form a line! I want everyone to picture the thing they fear the very most... and turn it into something funny. Next! Ron! Concentrate. Face your fear. Be brave! Wand at the ready, Ron" Lupin says as Ron steps forward. I bite my lip nervously.