7

Jungwoo felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest at its incessant pace. Even though the hallways were as crowded as ever, he felt like he was the only one there.

He was headed to the library, where Jiwon was every morning because she never did her homework the night it was assigned.

He could see his hands trembling as he reached out for the doorknob. Jiwon was visible on the other side of the glass window, her attention on what looked like her history assignment. He hesitantly opened the door, his footsteps seemingly echoing in his ears as he walked towards her.

"Yes?" She asked quietly, not even looking up from the table in front of her.

Sitting down across from her, he let out a small breath, "I need to talk to you."

"I'm kinda busy, what is it?" She snapped, her voice bouncing off the walls.

Jungwoo quickly glanced at the librarians desk, which was thankfully empty. "I—I think we should break up. I haven't been feelings for a long time and I just think that now it—"

"Are you doing this because of our argument last night!?" The textbook on the table slammed closed as she looked up, her eyes finally meeting Jungwoo's.

"No—it's not because of that. Things haven't felt the same for a while now and I don't think I should keep lying to you about that anymore."

She stood up and started aggressively putting her things into her backpack. "Whatever you want, if you want to breakup, then we're done," She spat before storming past him and out of the library.

He leaned back in the chair, letting his head fall back to look at the ceiling. He wasn't really sure how he was supposed to feel.

"Rough morning?" Xiaojun asked as he stood over the boy.

"I just broke up with Jiwon."

A gasp came out of the younger before he sat down next to him, "Are you serious? I really thought you guys were going to get married."

"Definitely not..." Getting up, Jungwoo pulled his backpack on, "I'll see you at the meeting after school."

✨✨✨

"Why do you look so sad?" Ten asked when he saw Jungwoo plod into the art room.

The younger sat down and just out his head down, the usual routine when he was upset.

Ten pulled the boys arms out from under him and frowned when Jungwoo didn't even look up. "Oh my sweet baby...what happened?"

"I—I broke up with my girlfriend," Jungwoo muttered, ignoring the lump in his throat. He just wanted to go home and cry in peace.