54

After minutes of awkwardly standing in the doorway while he contemplated if it was worth asking his mother, Jungwoo walked into the living room and sat on the couch next to the woman.

She looked away from the tv to give her son a small smile, "hi."

"Mom I have a question," he said quietly.

"Well that sounds serious," she muttered, "but go ahead."

The boy took a few seconds to figure out what he wanted to say in his head before actually speaking. "Can I spend the night at Doyoung's? He asked me if I would help him babysit...And can you drive me?"

"Hmm...I suppose I could...if you really don't want to spend any more time with me."

A pout formed on Jungwoo's lips, "We spent all week together—I even took you to a butterfly garden!"

She covered her mouth, trying to hide her laughter, "I'm just teasing, dear, of course you can go to Doyoung's and I'll drive you." Pushing the hair out of her face, she shrugged, "Who knows, maybe you'll let me meet Doyoung's parents. They've gotta be good people if they raised a boy like that.

Jungwoo just kinda stared at his mother, blinking every couple seconds. "Yeah maybe some other time," he said calmly before slowly walking out of the room.

✨✨✨

When Doyoung saw a car pull into his driveway he let out a little excited noise, rushing over to the door. He walked out onto the front porch and waved to Mrs Kim, the woman happily reciprocated the action.

Jungwoo got out of the car, grabbing the backpack he brought off of the car floor. "I'll call you tomorrow if Doyoung can't give me a ride home for some reason."

"Ok, have fun, I love you."

He smiled at the woman, "I love you too, mom. Get home safe please."

She yelled a unnecessarily loud, "I will," before turning up the radio and backing out of the driveway. When she somehow managed to back out without hitting Doyoung's motorcycle, he turned to look at his boyfriend. "You're cute," he said loudly, still halfway across the driveway.

Doyoung gave the younger an exasperated look, "c'mon I want to hug you!"

Jungwoo skipped up the the house, burying himself in his boyfriend's arms when the front door closed behind him. "I missed you," he muttered, laying his head on the elders chest.

"I missed you, too," he responded before running his fingers through the boy's fluffy hair, "did you have fun with your mom yesterday?"

Lifting is head, Jungwoo's face lit up, "Oh my goodness—yes! You should've seen all the butterflies, they were so pretty!"