14

"M—Mom I can't—I..." Jungwoo whimpered as he pulled his tie in all different directions.  

The woman looked up from the book she was reading and her expression softened upon seeing her son. "Honey don't freak out, I can help you," She said as she walked over to him. Grabbing the tie, she showed him the steps of how to put it on that his father never got the chance to teach him. "Oh gosh...you're so handsome," Her eyes filled with tears when she took a step back and saw just how much Jungwoo looked like her husband. 

A pout formed on Jungwoo's face when he saw his mother drop her head down into her hands so he couldn't see how emotional she was getting. He pulled the woman's into his arms in a tight embrace, "Don't cry mom, it's okay." 

Letting out a shaky sigh, she pulled away, "I know, I know. I just love you so much." 

"I love you too." 

"Let me take a picture of you in your fancy outfit," Mrs. Kim gushed as she dragged her son out to the entrance of their house. She got out her camera and took about a dozen pictures of the boy. 

"I gotta go pick up Soyeon—I'll be home by midnight, I promise!" Jungwoo squeaked as he grabbed his keys. 

"Have fun!" He heard before he shut the door. 

✨✨✨

Jungwoo could feel his palms grow clammy as he knocked on Soyeon's front door, he honestly didn't know what was making him so nervous. After a few seconds, small woman opened the door, "Oh my gosh—you must be Soyeon's date! Come in," She said sweetly, stepping out of the doorway so he could come in. 

When he was inside, he wasn't really sure what to do so he decided to admire how clean the house was. He was looking at shiny the floors were when he heard the clack of high heels on the wood stairs in front of him. 

Looking up, Jungwoo was met with the prettiest sight. Soyeon was wearing a small black dress with fancy high heels that made her look like a princess—a scary dark princess—but a beautiful one. She had on pretty eye makeup and dark red lipstick that brought the whole look together. 

"You're so...beautiful," Jungwoo muttered, not being able to take his eyes off of the girl. 

"She is isn't she." 

The boy almost jumped out of his skin when he heard a voice next to him which clearly belonged to a man. "I—I uh hello sir!" He said quickly before bowing. 

The man let out the friendliest laugh Jungwoo had ever heard, "Don't be so stiff, son! I'm glad to see my Soyeonie found such a respectful date."

"Dad, leave him alone," Soyeon whined as she made it to the bottoms of the stairs.