I'll Protect You.

Demi.

I was finally home from work. I was home alone, Lucy took Marley out somewhere. When I left,I overheard Joe inviting people to a party that meant one thing to me.

He’s going to get drunk and sleep with someone. I made me think if he really wanted me. I sighed, “We’re home!!” Lucy walked in with Marley, “Mommy!!” Marley ran to me, “Hey baby!!” I hugged her. “When am I staying at Joey’s house?” she stood on my lap, I sighed, “Did you not have fun with Lucy?”

“She’s crazy,mommy.” she whispered, I giggled a little, “I think Joe’s friend couldn’t do it...we’ll figure something out.” I kissed her forehead, “Where’s my sister?” Lucy came out of the kitchen, “She decided to stay at her boyfriend’s tonight.” I got up, “Let’s get you ready for bed,Mar.” I followed her to her bedroom.

The next day, I was the only one awake,so I made myself some oatmeal and ate it real quick. I then showered and got ready for work. I curled my hair,then I did my makeup.

I slipped on a white lace shirt with black leather pants, I never had the guts to wear these. I slipped on black heels and I headed out.

I walked into my office. I sat down at my desk and started working on the files Kevin laid on my desk. “Can I come in?” Nick knocked, “Yeah,sure.” I put the file down, “I just want to say thank you for agreeing on doing the song with The Vamps. You saved this company a bunch.” I got up and headed to him, “I’m glad I can help.” I hugged him.

“You rock,Demi.” he rubbed my back, “Steven is a lucky guy.”

My smile faded, “Yeah...thanks.” I sighed quietly, “Is something wrong?” he pulled away, I shook my head, “No…” I looked down, “Demi,I can tell something is bothering you..Your smile went away when I mentioned Steven...What’s going on?”

“We had a fight...and he’s not talking to me..” I sighed, “God,I’m so sorry,Demi!” he hugged me again,but this time I didn’t say anything.

“I have to go back to work..hey,Kevin and I are going out to lunch today,you are welcome to join us.” he fixed his tie, I gave him a tiny smile, “I will,thanks.”

“See you at 11:30.” Nick walked off right when my phone rang, I rushed to answer it, “Hello?”

“I need coffee. Now.” Joe said, I sighed, “Okay, I’ll be there.” I headed to Joe’s floor, I went to the break room. I made his boring black coffee, I headed to his office. I stared at him, “Place it on my desk. I’m not going to get up to get it” Joe continued writing something down, he looked really good today, I sighed and handed him his coffee. “There you go.”

“Thanks. Now go away, if I don’t finish this, I’ll be here all night.” I sighed, “Why?” I headed to the doorway.

“Because Kevin said it was my turn to do these papers and there are tons of them.” he hasn’t even looked up at me, I sighed, “Good luck..” I headed back to my coffee.

I went with Kevin and Nick to a local burger joint around 11:30.  I got a burger and some fries.

“So I heard you guys are going to a wedding.”  I slipped a fry in my mouth, “Yeah, it’s in about 6 weeks now...Mikey wants us all to have dates..Nick and I are good to go,but I don’t know what Joe is going to do… Nick told me he told Nick that Delta and him are over.”

I sighed, “I’m sure Joe will find someone…”

“There is Taylor..I heard they were at a bar together and enjoyed a good dancing.” Kevin shrugged, “But I don’t want him to go with Taylor,she’s such a slut nowadays.” Nick sipped his water.

“Too bad you guys don’t get along.” they looked at me, I sighed, “You guys would be tired of me.” I grinned. “Tired of you!? No way.” Nick winked at me.

“You guys are nice.” I giggled.

We headed back to the company, I had to finish the work Kevin gave me.

It was around 6 when I was getting ready to leave, “Demi!” Lucy ran inside with Marley, “What are you guys doing? I was about to leave.” I grabbed my purse, “You can’t go home!” Lucy was out of breath. “Why? The house isn’t on fire is it?”

“No...he’s back.” She finally caught her breath, “Who?”

“Him.” she gave me a look, I gasped. “He is seriously here. He knows where we live..so I suggest you guys stay here.”

“What...do..I do?” I covered my mouth, “Everything will be okay, just stay here. I have to get back to help Selena take care of this.” she hugged me and left.

I broke down on the couch, “Mommy,why you crying? Don’t cry.” Marley wiped her eyes. “I’m sorry,baby.” I looked at her,then I looked at the doorway, “I...I...I..” I was speechless.

“Let me take you to my place.” Joe walks into my office, he took my jacket and purse, “Joey!” Marley smiled, I just stared at him, I was confused on why he was doing this. “You coming or not?”

I sighed, “My car?” I got up, “We’ll drive yours to my place. C’mon. I’m not letting you guys stay here all night.”

“Come on,mommy!” she went with Joe. I followed, it was pouring outside, Joe held his jacket over us as we ran to my car. I got in the passenger seat, Joe help Marley in the car,then he got in. He drove to his place.

I didn’t say anything, I was pretty scared.

We got to his house and we ordered pizza and watched Cinderella before Marley went to bed. Marley was pretty excited to stay at Joe’s, even more when Joe showed her the big room  she is sleeping in. She fell asleep quickly.

I followed Joe to the bar,he poured me some bourbon with ice, “So he’s back?...” he took a sip, “Why don’t you want him to see his daughter?..” I sat down, “He isn’t the nicest guy...He found out that I was pregnant...he wanted me...to kill it..” I sighed, I took a sip of bourbon, “So I figured...if he didn’t want it them...if he knew I kept it..he might kill her for himself.”

“What an ass…” he mumbled against the glass, “So you told him you killed it?”

“I knew...my parents were going to kick me out...so I lied to him..and then I ran away..I knew or thought I knew  that he would go after me.”

“I’m surprise he would still remember you after how wasted he was at the party.” he got up, I shrugged, “Do you want more?” he took my glass, “Yeah..”

He poured some more in my glass, “Why are you doing this?” I looked at him, “I figured if he found out that you’re working for the Company,he would go there..he doesn’t know where I live and if he does, I have security camera and I would gradually kill him myself.”

I looked down at my lap, “And I wanted us to have some private time...so I can apologize properly...I don’t usually apologize,but you’re different..”

I looked up at him, “And I did overreact...I don’t know why I did, I just...I kind of like this secretive relationship we’re having..but I thought it over and I realize I was overreacting and I know your friends would tell anyone..”

I gave him a smile, “I overreacted too..I should have let you explain..I just...truth is,Joe..that I’m falling hard for you and I just got scared that you were using me…”

He put his glass down, “I say we forget this ever happen and say we’re back together with Delta and Steven.” he grinned, I got up, “I’d like that.” I went and kissed him. “Mmm,I missed those lips.” he pulled me close.

“Oh,one thing,” I pulled away, “You and Taylor?”

“We ain’t a thing. We just chatted at a bar. Nothing else. I would never do anything with that slut, I’m solemnly swear.” he grinned at me, “Good.” I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed.

He lifted me up and carried me up to his bedroom, “But Marley..”

“These are soundproof walls, I promise.” he shut the door, “I just need you right now.” he kissed me harder.

5 comments for next!