Another Day.

“Bye Nick,bye Kevin. See you guys tomorrow.” I grabbed my purse and headed outside,I saw Joe outside waiting, “Bye Joe.” I got in Selena’s car. “Hey girl.” Selena smiled, “How was your first day?” she drove home. “It was alright...one of my boss was a total asshole..” I laid my head back. “Which one was it?” she asked. “Joe.”

“Well,what are you going to do?” she glanced at me, “I’m going to suck it up and do it. I mean it is a great pay. They said they have many assistants that quit because of him, I don’t want to be the next assistant that quits.”

She pulled into the driveway, “Well...good luck.  Marley has been missing you.” she got out with me, “I missed her.” I walked inside, “Mommy!!” she dropped her crayon and ran to me. “Hey babygirl. How was school?” I combed my finger through her hair. “It was good. I made two friends!” she clapped. “That awesome,baby.” I kissed her cheek.

"What smells burnt?” Selena gagged, “Lucy,did you burn food again?” We headed to the kitchen, “You did!” I chuckled. “Lucy! I freaking told you not to mess with food and the stove! This is the third time you have done this!” Selena sighed, “I was trying to be nice and cook for you guys. Sorry.” Lucy walked out. I laughed, “How does a burger sound?...” Selena suggested. “Don’t forget the pickles.” I went to the living room. “So how was the first day with the Jonases?”

“Kevin and Nick were my favorite.” I smiled, “Joe is going to be a pain in the ass…” I sighed, “Well,maybe you need to wear something hot. Show your boobies.” I threw my head back,laughing, “LUCY!” she grinned,”That’ll make him nice.”

“Not if he’s gay.” I shrugged, she shrugged also. “Then he would become bisexual.” we started laughing, “That’s ridiculous!” I covered my mouth,laughing. “What’s so funny?” Selena came and sat down. “Mommy and Lucy are weird.” Marley said,smiling. “I were just talking about how Demi could make Joe like her.” Lucy smiled in pride.  

We had dinner,and after dinner I gave Marley a bath and got her into bed,”Night,babe.” I kissed her forehead, “Night,mommy. You have to work tomorrow?” I sighed, “Yep...sorry I can’t take you to school...maybe soon. Night.” I tucked her in and I headed to my bedroom to get ready for myself.

The next day, I got up and showered and slipped on a navy blue jumper with a yellow jacket and light brown heels. I curled my hair and did makeup. “Let’s go,Demi!!” Selena whined, I headed downstairs, “I’m ready.” I got in her car. “Looking good.” Selena smiled, “Shit, I forgot to tell Marley bye.” I sighed.  “It’ll be okay. I’ll tell her that you love her.” she drove me to work.

“Thank you,Sel.” I hugged her quickly, “You’re the greatest.” I got out of her car, “Have a good second day.” I shut the door and headed inside and headed to my office. I went and logged into my computer and listened to my missed messages. I started putting pictures up on my office. “Hello Demetria.” Joe walked in, I looked at him, “Hello Joe…”

“You’re a mother?” He looked at the photos, I was confused, “Um,yeah…” I looked at the photo frame then at Joe, “Where’s the father? I mean did he run away?” he chuckled. I frowned my eyebrows, “I was raped.”

He looked down and left. “A sorry would work..” I sighed. I sat down at my desk as light number 3 lit up, I answered it, “Good morning,Mr.Jonas.” I greeted. “Good morning,Demi. I’m going to fax you some papers,I need you to copy 3 of each. Thanks.”

“Alright.” I hung up. I headed to the copier room,watching the papers go through the fax machine. I took the papers and started copying them. I heard my phone ring, I sighed and ran to it, I picked up. “Hello Joe.”

“Bring me my coffee.I want it like I showed you.” he requested, “Will do,once I finish Nick’s reque--”

He interrupted, “I want it,now!” he yelled, I sighed, “Yes,sir.” I hung up. I headed up to his floor and went to the break room, I started making his coffee how he wanted. I headed to his office, “Here you go,Joe…” I handed him his coffee. He took a sip and I prayed that he liked it.

He spit it out, “Didn’t you learn from yesterday?! Damn!” he wiped his mouth, “I’ll make my own damn coffee.” He got off and went to the break room, I threw my head back and sighed. I headed back to my floor to the copier and continued what I was doing for Nick.

Once I was done with copying,I organized the paper and headed to Nick’s office. Suddenly Joe bumped into me,knocking all the pieces of paper fall out of my hand. “Oops.” he kept walking. My mouth dropped. I bent down and picked all the paper up. I started crying. I ran to my office and shut the door and cried on my couch that was in the office.

10 minutes later,I got my shit together and took the paper to Nick,”Hello Demetria. Glad you got my copying do--- Are you okay?” he put the papers on his desk, “Ye...yeah…” I sighed, I wiped my eyes. “Are you sure? I might be your boss,but I can also be your friend.”

“Yeah,I’m fine...Joe is just a jerk..” I sighed,he chuckled,”Sorry about that.”

I shrugged it off,”Wanna go to lunch with me?” he offered,I grinned,”Sure.” We headed outside, “Where we going?” I looked at him, “McDonald’s?” he got in his Ferrari. I got in his car and we headed to Mickey D’s.

We got out food that we ordered and sat down, “Do you sing?” he munched on a frie, “In the shower...and ONLY the shower.” he laughed, “I’m sure you’re good.”

I shrugged, “The shower thinks so..I did win a singing contest when I was little.” his eyebrows rose, “See,you have to be good then. What made you stop?” he sipped his water. “I don’t know...I guess...once you have a kid..you stop what you are doing.”

“How old is this kid of yours?” he looked at me,interested,”Her name is Marley and she’s 4 years old. She’s my world.” I blushed. “Does she see her dad any?”

I sipped my drink,shaking my head, “No..it’s a long story.”

“So you’re single?” he cocked his eyebrow, I nodded, “Yeah,why?” I giggled, “Well...I know I’m your boss...and we just met yesterday,but I’m really attractive to you..I was wondering if you would like to go on a date with me?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you guys likes. Loving your comments! Keep it coming!!

How will Demi respond?