Silence.

Demi.

I pulled into the driveway and rushed inside, I called Kevin for a day off, he agreed, I just want to stay in bed and be upset. “Is Steven okay?” Lucy and Selena followed me to my bedroom. I buried my face in the pillow, “Can I be alone,please?” I wiped my eyes.

“Demi,what happened? Did Steven...d--die?” Lucy sat down in a chair, “Joe and I are over!” I cried. I realized what I just said, I lifted my head up, “Joe? I thought you were dating Steven?..”

“Um...well...Steven was a made up character...Joe didn’t want anybody to know about us...so I made a name up…” Their mouths dropped, “How long have you been hiding this from us?! Why doesn’t he want you to tell anybody? You hated his ass!”

I sighed,”For a couple weeks..He said...his past public relationships didn’t go well..” I sighed, “Why is it over? Something was working!” Selena sighed, stroking my hair, “Marley got kicked out of preschool...and Joe offered me to let me take Marley to his place so his friend could help her,so I went to thank him.” I sighed, I know I lost that opportunity.” I stared into the ceiling.

“Why? What happened?” Lucy brushed my hair, “I heard him talking over the phone that I was just his sex toy and that I give him what he needs. I’m a fucking whore.”

“Demi,no you’re not. He’s a dick and not the good one, the ones that--”

“Lucy,stop.” Selena glared at her, “What’s funny is..” I smiled a little, “I was fixing to fall hard for him..I saw myself with him…” I sighed, “What was I thinking?”

“So you didn’t see yourself with Nick? Sweet Nick? He loved you.” I sighed, “He loved me enough to cheat on me. Don’t get me wrong, Nick was a sweetheart..Just Joe...his bad side...seeing him mad was kind of a turn on.”

Joe.

I was very mad at myself. I didn’t know what to do. I wasn’t the type of guy to apologize,but something about Demi made me want to get her back.  The other part of me wants to go to her house,pin her to the wall and give her a good fuck.

I got in my car and drove to her house.

Dammit,her friends were here.  I sighed and pulled into the driveway, I sat there for a second to think of what I could say.

“Where the fuck are you?” Nick texted me, I sighed, “Not going to work today.I have a...stomach bug.” I threw my phone in the backseat I fixed my hair and headed to the door, I knocked on the door.

“Oh hi,” Lucy answered the door, I saw Demi and Selena on the couch, “I need to talk to Demi about work..won’t take a second.”

“You don’t deserve to talk to her.” Lucy crossed her arm, I glanced over at Demi and Selena, Selena was giving me an evil glare. “You can’t tell me I can go talk to Demi,my assistant, about work. I’m her boss.” I slid my hands in my pockets.

“You’re a douchebag,” Lucy shook her head, “Using my best friend for sex! How fucking could you?! Last month,we begged her to quit because of you, but she stayed for the money,the you tricked her on being your girlfriend, you fake bastard.”

She told them. She fucking told him.

I sucked in my bottom lip and shook my head at Demi. I walked outside to my car, “Joe! Wait!” Demi ran outside, “It hasn’t even been an hour and you told them!?” I opened my car door, “It slipped! I forgot I’m sorry! But they won’t tell anyone! I know them! I have known them since I was really young.”

“I don’t know why you’re apologizing..You’re the one breaking it off. I do deserve this don’t I?” I slammed the door, “I was talking to Nick, I was making fun of him on the phone, he was the one who said that about Olivia. I was making fun of him.” I glared at her,then I got in my car, “Joe..” she looked down.

“But,it’s over. Bye Demi.” I drove off.

I went back home and headed inside to the gym room. I ripped my shirt off and started lifting some weights, I was getting my anger out.  

After the workout, I took a quick swim.  

I took a shower afterwards and had a quick dinner,since it was getting a little late. I never had a day off,so I didn’t know what to do.

Then Taylor called, I groaned and answered, “What do you want,Taylor?”

“Chill,Mr.Grumpy Pants. I was going to ask if you want to come down to Seven Grand and chill with some guys.” I raised an eyebrow, “Why are you inviting me?” I got up and headed upstairs to my bedroom, “I thought you would want some guy time. Your guys are in town and you know you would have fun.”

I sighed, “Count me in.” I hung up. I hurried getting ready then I headed to the bar.

“My man,Joe!” Kaleb hugged me, “Hey dude.” I headed to the bar, “Mango Pepper Julep,please.” I sat down.

Taylor came and sit by me, she was looking hot tonight, she had on tight black dress with cut outs on the side, “I got you something.” she passed me a cigar, “Thanks. I needed this.” I lit it up and start smoking it.

“Why? Uh oh, in the rocks with that girl?” she smirked, “We’re not in the rocks anymore,” I sipped my drink, “I’m in the water,and she’s on the land.” I sighed.

“Oh,I’m sorry.”

“Let’s not talk about that. So..has your boobs always been that big?” I glanced at them quickly,smoking my cigar. “I got some implants last year.” she bit her lip.

“Joe,wanna dance?” she got up, “Yeah sure.”

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, “Hold on.” I took it out and it was a voicemail from Nick, I sighed. I decided to listen to it.

“I got good news! Demi called me and she decided to do the song with The Vamps! Just thought you should know! See you tomorrow!” I groaned.

5 comments for next! The Marathon is here!