Never Letting Go

Joe

"Stone cold, stone cold. You see me standing, but I'm dying on the floor..." Demi sang. She grabbed my attention. I let go of Gigi's hand.

"Stone cold, stone cold. You're dancing with her, while I'm staring at my phone." She looked up from the crowd and met eyes with mine.  Her brown eyes were filled with hurt.

"Stone cold, stone cold. I was your amber, but now she's your shade of gold." She showed a lot of emotion.  Was this song really about me?

"Give me the truth, me and my heart,we'll make it through

"Give me the truth, me and my heart,we'll make it through. If happy is her, I'm happy for you..."

She finished the song. "can't do this...I'm sorry.." Demi ran off stage.

"Don't even think of leaving me because of that shitty song." Gigi glared.

"I'm so dumb," I chuckled,  "I don't love you. You're a bitch.... What the fuck am I doing? I can't marry you. I'm not marrying you. My heart belongs to that woman. She has my babies and I'm wearing you around my arm. Why am I?"

Gigi gasped and slapped me. I probably deserved it but I don't give a shit.

I rushed to my car and headed to Demi's house. There was another car there, but I figured it was the babysitters. I rushed out of my car and headed to the door. I knocked on the door and a brown headed girl answered.

"Is Demi here yet?" I looked around. The girl shook her head as she was fixing to close the door.

"Can I come in? I'm the father of the twins.." she shut the door close.

  "What are you doing?" I turned around and saw Demi walking towards me, still in her sexy black dress.

  "I don't know why I keep telling my heart and feelings no, when I know I can't resist you..." I stepped closer towards her, she didn't say anything. Her mouth opened up a little bit.

  "I'm really stupid...I never had love like this...I'm really stupid to even pick her when it has always been you. I mean, shit, you stuck with me even when I told you my background...Blanda dumped me because of my past, but you kept me and you helped me..." her lips stayed sealed.

"I was hoping that if I married Gigi, my feelings would move on, but they weren't. Not at all. Not even a little bit. I know I screwed up, but we both screwed up...I'm ready to make this time work...I'm deeply in love with you, Demi. Only with you. I know it took me this long to come back to you, but I--- that song made me realize that I'm making a big mistake." I looked at her lips, then her eyes. I watched as she suck in her lips.

"Remember when you asked me to pick you when you had the twins?" I sighed as she nodded her head.

  "I pick you, I choose you, and I want to love you. I don't know what to say to make you talk to me again, but....she was never my shade of gold, you're always my amber, Demi....I knew we had something from the first hook up... Please say something."