You're My Kind of Happiness.

Joe

I heard our bedroom slam and I knew she was pissed. I groaned because I knew she would be complicated. I went upstairs and tried to open the door, it was locked. I groaned again. I banged on the door, "Dem, let me in."

"No. Go away." she was obviously crying.

"Let me in, we're waking up the kids." I knocked on the door, she didn't budge. It got me a bit frustrated.   I grabbed my keys and went to the backyard. I got a ladder and climbed up on the roof. I walked over to our bedroom and I slid onto our balcony. I knocked on our glass door. She gave me a glare. 

She finally decided to open the window, I climbed inside. "Demi, please hear me out." the upset in her eyes, killed me. I never wanted to hurt her.

"The reason I'm taking antidepressants because I'm depressed, of course, you don't know how bad I hate myself right now. I'm trying to cure myself."

"You can't rely on pills to make you happy, Joe...you're taking happy pills because of me, you're depressed because of me. We'd be all good if I didn't beg you to go to Texas." I nodded my head, I knew she'd be like this.

"You're right, we'd be great if we didn't go to Texas, but unfortunately, it would come and get me eventually...this isn't your fault, Demi...It just came back..." I hate myself more right now. 

"Why didn't you tell me you went to the doctor to get antidepressants? Why didn't you tell me that you're depressed?" her voice cracked.

"Because..." I swallowed hard, "because I didn't want you or the kids to see how fucked up I am...you just don't know, Demi....I wanted to kill myself a month ago...but wanna know what stopped me?" I saw a tear go down her face.

"What?" she acted scared.

"You, Marley, Penelope, and Pierce. I knew it could crush you and I didn't want that...You have my heart and soul, Demi." she ran into my arms and cried on my shoulder. I let out a sigh.

"I'm so sorry....here, I promise I won't take them anymore...I'll fix myself..." I looked her in the eye. She kissed my lips.

"I love you." she laid her head on my chest.

5 days later;

Today was Demi's birthday, she's turning 27 today, but doesn't look a day over 21. It's been 5 days without my antidepressants and I definitely feel the withdraws. I arranged a party for her in an empty building. It was Grease themed so the guests had to dress like one of the characters from the movie, except the kids.

I invited a bunch of her friends and a bunch of mine, even my parents.

"Have you finished the boutique yet?" Nick whispered to me. I shook my head. I was almost done with it, but it still needed some work.

"Almost..I actually have to leave at some point to help." I whispered back.