I Need You More Than You Need Me.

Joe.

The past couple days, I have improved. I was able to walk instead of being in a wheelchair., but I wasn't able to head back to work just yet. My parents were still here. We were all finally getting along with each other, which I was happy about. They were treating me like their son and I was treating them like my parents.

"Joseph, where is the laundry room?" I turned around and saw my mom open the door that led to Marley's. "Mom!" I rushed over to her. She stood there in shock, I was a bit confused if she was surprised or disgusted.

"You love her that much?" she turned to me. I wasn't sure if she meant Marley or Demi.

"Demi. You love her this much to give her daughter the perfect room?" she looked at me, with sincere and awed eyes. I couldn't believe I was actually opening up to my mother. I nodded my head as I looked into the room.

"I love her so much that I would do anything for her-- even if it meant ending my life. I would do it just to put a smile on her beautiful face...Too late now..she decided to end it...she said she's done hurting me.."

"Joseph, you have to fight for what you want. That's how you got where you are today. You and your brothers fought to get signed and you fought to become a recording company. If you really want the girl, you have to fight for her...nonstop."

I shook my head, "I tried everything...I fought for her till there was no fighting left." I heard my phone ring downstairs. I rushed downstairs,the best of my ability, to answer my phone. I was shocked when I saw Demi's picture and ID on my screen. I was feeling hopeful.

"Hello?" I answer softly. I could hear her sobbing.

"Joe...I need your help...I tried everything..Marley is becoming mute...I don't know what to do. I don't even know a good psychologist.." I thought for a second. I had to have one during rehab.

"I know a good one, I'll come and pick you guys up." I hung up, I turned around and saw my mom behind me. She had a concern look.

"Demi called...she's very upset...I have to go help her..." my mom handed me my keys, nodding.

"Fight for her." she whispered. I sighed, this wasn't the time to fight for her. I took the keys and headed to my car.

I drove quickly to Demi's house. Once I pulled into their driveway, they were out waiting. Demi stood up and I noticed her bump, it was getting bigger. She picked up Marley and headed to my car. She got Marley buckled in the back then climbed into the passenger seat. I drove to downtown LA.

"His name is Dr. Bruce Levine. He treated me when I needed help, he's really good. I think she will like him." I glanced at her. God, she was still so beautiful. I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Marley, she didn't look like the little girl I knew.

I found a parking spot in the parking garage. I carried Marley inside the office. We got onto the elevator. We got off on the right floor. I went inside his suite, surprisingly it was empty. I went to the front desk.

"Hello, we don't have an appointment, but this is an emergency. Tell Dr. Levine that it's me, Joseph Jonas." the lady behind the desk got up and headed out of the room.

"What is this?" Marley looked around. Demi kissed her head.

"He will out in a minute." she sat back down. We sat down in empty chairs. Dr. Levine came out and we told him the issue about Marley. He said he will talk to Marley alone for 30 minutes to get to know her.

He came back to Demi and I to tell us about the issue. He said the session would take an hour, so we let it happen. I offered Demi some dinner at Panera Bread and she agreed. We headed over to Panera Bread, which was across the street. Demi got the Chicken Caesar Salad with tea. I got Chicken Tortellini Alfredo. It was a bit awkward for us but we talked about life. She asked about my recovery and I asked about the pregnancy.