A Little Bit Beat Up.

Demi

I woke up on the couch with Joe on my lap. I bent down and gave him a quick peck. I slid off the couch, putting his head on a pillow. I poured myself some coffee. I noticed everyone was all outside. I took my cup of coffee with me outside.

"Morning,Demi." Denise looked depress.

"How you sleep?" I sat next to Selena on the patio. Everyone looked depressed. 

"Not good..knowing my son killed somebody.." Denise looked at her coffee. I sighed. I spun my mug, thinking. 

"You know he killed my parents...but this is more...he did things...and killed her...and had it on video...I don't know what to do..."

"We all don't know what to do...he's family...we don't want him to go to jail..." Nick looked over at me. I rubbed my face,thinking.

"I mean it's been 5 years...could he really turn himself in? I know we should, but I love him and he's the father of my babies...I want him to be around...I can't get that look out of my mind...the way he looked last night..."

"We never saw him that scared....but then again...I never saw him scared before..." Nick took a sip of his coffee.

"But we just don't know how many girls he, they, did this to...Parents are grieving without knowing what really happened." Paul nodded his head.

I swallowed, "I could have been one of those girls,"my voice cracked, "I was raped by Tyler...I could have been killed afterwards..." 

"Oh fuck, that's right." Nick reached over and rubbed my back. I didn't know what to do. We all got up since it was time to make breakfast and it the babies were crying. I went upstairs to the twins. It was their feeding time. I fed them one at a time.

Nick knocked on the door before entering, "Joe is gone.."  my heart felt like stopping. 

I stood up, and followed him downstairs, with Penelope still attached to my boob. "We looked all over and he's no where to be found...He's not outside..not upstairs..no where.." Denise sobbed. Why did he just leave.

I grabbed my phone and dialed Joe.  No answer. 

"Hey baby...where did you go? We're worried. Please call me back...I love you so much, please.." I hung up. 

"He didn't answer.." I threw my phone on the couch. Penelope was done feeding so I fixed my top. We sat on the couch, thinking where he could be. 

Nick and Paul went out looking for him, but came back an hour or so, they could find him. 

We heard a big loud truck outside, I opened up the door and saw Joe on the grass. "JOE!" I ran to him. I looked at where the truck went, but it disappeared. I helped him up, but he pushed me off. His face was beaten up. He was all bloody. He looked awful. 

He gave me the meanest look, I never had him give me this look before. "You did this," he pointed to me, "if we didn't come here, we'd be okay.." he limped inside, his mom helping him up the steps. I watched them.

 I watched them