Chapter 12

Tuesday 18th May 1965

Blair House

5pm

Jackie was putting the finishing touches to her make-up and hair when Tish knocked on her door. “Miss Bouvier, we need to leave now.”

Jackie appeared. “Will this do?”

Tish nodded. “You look lovely, Ma’am.”

“Thank you.” Jackie said before heading downstairs to the car. The press were there in force taking photos.

When her car arrived at the British Embassy she was helped out of the car by Agent Philips and escorted inside. “I haven’t spoken to you in a while Mr. Philips.” Jackie said holding his arm.

“No, Ma’am.”

“Have you been enjoying America?” She asked smiling at the room.

“Yes I’m enjoying the weather.”

She smiled. She headed towards the top table. Jack was already waiting. “Miss Bouvier.” He smiled.

“Mr. President.”

He helped her sit down before joining her. After dinner she took his hand. “Come on, let’s dance.”

He looked at her. “What?”

She stood up. “You heard me.” She smirked. Jack followed her. He held her close as they waltzed.

11pm

“Thank you for a fun evening, Miss Bouvier.” Jack grinned as they headed towards their cars.

She nodded. “No problem… would you like to come back for a drink?”

He nodded. “I’d like that a lot, let me just tell Clint.”

Jackie nodded and got into her limo. “Clint,” Jack called. “I’m just going to Blair House.”

Clint nodded and watched as Jack got in beside Jackie. He smiled at Agent Philips. “Mr. President meet Agent Philips.”

Jack held out his hand. “A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Philips.”

“And you Sir.”

When they arrived at Blair House Jackie guided him inside. “Would you like a drink?” She asked.

“Would it be okay if I went to the balcony to smoke first?”

She nodded. “I’ll come with you.”

They stood on the upstairs balcony smoking. Jack breathed a sigh of relief. “You okay?” Jackie asked as she put her cigarette out. He nodded. “It’s the only thing that seems to relax me recently.”

She placed a hand on his back. He noticed how her dress sparkled under the moonlight, as did her eye shadow. She looked really beautiful. She turned to look up at him. “I know what you mean.”

He nodded and put his cigar down. They were standing very close together, their bodies were almost touching. “Jack….” Jackie whispered as their eyes met.

“Yes?” He asked getting lost in her deep brown eyes.

“You’re really handsome.” She said as her hands rubbed his lower back.

He moved closer to her. His hands landed on her hips as his lips crashed against hers. She gasped. “Oh!” She moaned and kissed him back.

He slowly pulled back. Jackie looked at him smiling, her cheeks were flushed pink. “Jack…” She whispered softly.

He stroked her cheek. “Jacqueline…”

She wrapped her arms around him and rested her head on his chest. “You’re a good kisser.” She whispered.

He blushed and kissed her head.