Chapter 20

Friday 25th June 1965

Royal Palace of Madrid

It had been a month since Jack and Jackie had seen each other. They’d phoned each other regularly but they’d had to be careful and use different phones so the log book for Downing Street and the White House were clogged and didn’t raise suspicion.

Jackie was in her room at the Palace of Madrid. She was here for a state dinner with other world leaders including Jack and it made her nervous. “We’re ready for you Miss Bouvier.” Tish said knocking.

“Coming.”

Jackie appeared in the hall way wearing a lovely shift gown with an over coat. She headed down to the ballroom to mix with the other heads of states.

Jackie was standing holding a glass of champagne in her hand when she heard a voice. “Miss Bouvier, you look positively beautiful this evening.”

Jackie blushed and turned round. “Thank you, Mr. President.”

Over dinner they never really got the chance to talk, they were at separate ends of the table. Jackie was seated beside Princess Grace. She kept looking at Jack. She wanted to speak to him alone.

10pm

While people began to dance Jack snuck out into the garden for a cigar. He hated dancing and social events. He’d just taken a puff of his cigar when he felt a pair of arms wrap around him. “Hello Jack.”

He smiled and turned round so they were facing. “Hey Jackie.”

She blushed and took his hands. He grinned and pulled her closer, the light was dim and sparkled against her dress. Jack’s lips slowly met hers. She moaned softly. “Oh… Jack….”

He smiled and let his hands run down to her hips. She giggled. “Jack… I love you.” She whispered into his ear.

Red hinted in his cheeks. “I love you too.” He said softly. “Let’s go to my room.” He whispered.

She nodded and took his hands. They snuck past their security and other guests and headed to Jack’s room. “We’re just going to talk Clint.” Jack said.

He nodded. “Okay, Sir, Miss Bouvier.”

Jackie went and sat on the bed while Jack closed the door. When he turned around he wrapped his arms around her. “I missed you, Kid.” He said nuzzling her neck.

She looked up at him. “Kid?”

“Eh yeah…. It was just a nickname…”

She giggled. “I like it.”

He smiled and helped her on to the bed. “I want to kiss you.” He whispered stroking her cheek.

“Well do it.” She grinned, rubbing his back muscle.