Chapter 32

Sunday 2nd January 1966

Lee and her parents had gone to Sunday morning mass but Jackie decided to remain at home. She was still upset.

She was lying on her bed sighing when there was a knock at the door. She liked staying at her parent’s country retreat as the press were kept away and it had privacy. “Go away!” She yelled.

“JACKIE, OPEN THE DOOR!” A familiar voice yelled. She sat up and threw open her window. “Jack?!” She exclaimed.

He was standing at the door smiling. “Let me in.” He was holding roses.

Jackie shut the window and ran down the stairs. She flung the door open and dived into his arms. He grinned and held her tightly. “I missed you Kid.” He whispered kissing her head.

“I missed you too.” She sobbed.

He pulled back and gazed into her eyes. “Lee phoned me, what’s this about ending our relationship?”

She blushed. “Just it could damage our career and we live to far apart from each other.”

“I know but we’ll work something out I promise.”

She cuddled him and rested her head on his chest. “I love you, Bunny.”

“I love you too.”

“Why do you look so hot?” He smirked looking down at her navy tartan shirt, black leggings and fluffy socks.”

She blushed. “Um… well…. I was sad and was moping.”

He laughed. “Well I’m here now, let’s go inside.” She nodded and took him upstairs. She was elated he was here.

When Lee arrived home with her parents she noticed the increased security. She smiled. “Lee, what’s going on?” Her mother asked.

Lee smiled. “I think I’ll have to tell you about Jackie.”

9pm

Janet and Hugh had been accepting about the relationship; well they didn’t really have a choice.

Jack was sitting on the sofa with an arm around her. “I like your home, its cosy.” He smiled.

Jackie giggled and cuddled into him. He was only staying a few days so she was going to make the most of the limited amount of time.