Chapter 23

Friday 6th August 1965

Chequers Estate, UK

10am

Jackie stood on the porch of the house, she was watching Marine One landing. Jack was coming for the weekend. He was coming for a ‘meeting’ yet there were to be no advisors just the President and Prime Minister. It was so they could spend time together.

Jack emerged from the helicopter wearing a black suit and blue tie. He headed towards the porch smiling. “Miss Bouvier.” He shook her hand.

“Mr. President.” She nodded. “Do come in.”

Jackie guided him inside and closed the door. As soon as the door was locked they pounced at each other wrapping each other in their arms. “Kid.” He whispered stroking her hair.

Jackie blushed and closed her eyes. “My Bunny.”

He pulled back smiling. He got lost in her eyes. “I’ve missed you so much.” He said taking her hand. She blushed. “Me too.”

Her lips crashed against his. It showed him the passion she had for him. He moaned and pulled her close. “Let’s go upstairs.” He whispered.

“Yes.” She giggled.

11am

Jackie was lying flat on her back panting. “Oh Jack.” She smiled.

He placed a soft kiss on her lips. “I hate being so far away from you, and having to hide it.”

She nodded. “I know.”

Jack slid out of bed and headed into the bathroom for a bath. Jackie pulled the covers around her body as she watched him from the bed. “Winston Churchill stayed here once.”

He smiled. “I know, so did my Dad when he was Ambassador.”

Jackie grinned. “How are Caroline and John?”

Jack looked up from the water and looked at her. “They’re okay; I’m trying to keep them out of the limelight as much as possible. Caroline finds it difficult to go out on her own now because of the attempted kidnapping.”

“It’ll take time for her to regain her confidence.”

Jack nodded. “I made sure it was okay that I left them this weekend, but I left her with Joan and she was happy.”

“You could have brought them.”

“I know but I wanted us to be alone.”

She blushed and started to get dressed. She put white slacks on with a black jumper and some riding boots. “Do you want to come riding?” Jackie asked.

“Eh… no thanks… I’m allergic to horses.”

She smiled. “Okay, come watch.”

He nodded. “I will.”

After getting out of the bath, he dressed and pulled his sailing jacket on. He headed downstairs and watched her. He sat down on the chair and smoked. The security was extremely tight but they would never know. Jack smirked at that thought.

5pm

Inside Jack was lying on the sofa with Jackie in his arms. “So, what’s your dream?” Jack asked playing with her hair.

“To be happily married and have children.” Jackie replied.

He grinned. “That used to be my dream.”

“What is it now?” She asked raising an eyebrow. He smiled at her. “My dream is to be with you.”

“Oh…” She giggled. “I want that too.”

He leaned down and let his lips brush with hers. They kissed passionately showing how much they loved each other.