Chapter 48

Andrews Air Force Base

When Jackie emerged from the plane there was a huge crowd but her eyes fell on Jack, who was standing waiting with Caroline and John.

When she reached the ground she headed towards them. Before she got there John took off and headed towards her. “Mummy Jackie!” He jumped on her. Jackie smiled and picked him up. “John.”

“I missed you.” Jackie said fixing his hair.

John grinned. “I missed you too but not as much as Daddy has.”

She giggled at that. She put John down when she reached Jack and Caroline. With a crowd and the press Jackie only briefly hugged Jack. He placed his hand on her back as they walked to the car. The children ran on ahead. “Hey Kid.” He whispered.

She blushed. “Bunny.”

Once they were in the car John sat on Jackie’s lap while Caroline told her all about her day at school. She glanced at Jack. “Do they know we’re getting married?”

Jack nodded. “Of course, Caroline helped pick out the ring.” Jack smiled as he looked at his daughter.

She blushed and cuddled Jackie’s arm. Jackie felt at home. She wanted nothing more than to have children.

Massachusetts Avenue

“Kids wait here.” Jack said as he got out of the car. He slipped his hand into Jackie’s and walked her into her new home. “I hope you like it Kid, but I assume you’ll be spending most of the time at the White House?”

She nodded. “Of course.”

He pulled her close and let his lips brush against hers. Both of them moaned before gazing into each other’s eyes.

“I’ll see you tonight?” Jack asked.

Jackie nodded. “I’ll be over soon.”

He grinned and rubbed her back. “I’ve missed you.”

“Missed you too, Bunny.”

Jack blushed. “I wish I could help you unpack but I have a meeting with Bobby in twenty minutes.”

She nodded. “Okay.”

After Jack had left, Jackie explored the house before unpacking. Jack had already told her she would move in with him once they were married. She finally felt happy.

7pm

When Jackie arrived at the White House Jack hugged her. “How are you?” He asked guiding her into the residence.

“Tired.” She said as she flopped on to the sofa. Jack joined her and placed his hand on her stomach. “How’s Baby Kennedy?”

“Just fine.” She yawned. “Do Caroline and John know?”

“Not yet, I thought we could tell them together.” He whispered as he stroked her cheek.

She nodded. “Sounds great.”

He smiled and held her as she fell asleep. He knew how much people objected to their relationship but he was happy.