Chapter 22

Wednesday 28th July 1965

10 Downing Street

7am

Jackie was lying in bed. She was sad, it was her birthday and she hadn’t seen Jack in a month. She just wanted to hug him. She sighed and rolled on to her back staring at the ceiling.

“Miss Bouvier.” Tish knocked on the door.

Jackie got up and opened the door. She was startled to see Tish holding a bouquet of red roses and some chocolates and an envelope. “Tish?” She asked confused.

“This just arrived for you.”

“Okay….” She took the parcel and closed the door. She burst into a huge smile as she sat down on the bed. She recognised Jack’s hand writing.

Jackie smiled as she put the roses on her windowsill, they were beautiful. She took a chocolate before picking up the envelope. It was a letter.

My Dearest Jackie,

I’m so sorry I can’t be with you on your special day. I miss you a lot but I can’t stop thinking about our night in Spain. I just wish we were nearer to each other. Anyway, I hope you like the flowers and enjoy the chocolate. We will see each other soon, I promise Kid.

Lots of Love,

Jack x

Jackie blushed and held the letter close to her chest. It made her feel safe as it smelt of his cologne.

She was sitting admiring the flowers when Lee came in. “Happy Birthday Sis!” She exclaimed handing her a box.

Jackie grinned. “Thanks Lee.”

Lee’s eyes landed on the flowers and chocolates. “Who’s that from?” She enquired looking at her sister.

“No one…..” Jackie replied.

“Jackie.” She warned.

“Just a guy I’m seeing but we’re taking it slow, ok?”

Lee nodded. “Come on, let’s go have breakfast.” She grinned. Jackie obliged and followed her to the kitchen. She could always count on Lee to make her happy.