Chapter 57

Washington Plaza Hotel, DC

As Jack unlocked the door to the grandest suite in the hotel he took her hand. “I’m sorry it’s not far from home but it still gives us privacy.”

She smiled. “It’s fine.”

Jack closed the door and smiled at Clint and Andrew. He’d managed to get away with only having two agents with him. “Oh Jack!” Jackie exclaimed as she looked at the room. It was beautiful and had candles and champagne.

He smiled and drew the curtains. He wrapped his arms around her. “Do you want to order room service?”

“Yes.”

While Jack ordered some dinner Jackie disappeared into the bathroom. Jack was sitting on the sofa with his shoes kicked to the side when Jackie returned. His eyes widened in surprise. “Whoa… Jackie…”

She giggled as she twirled. She was wearing a short purple dress, highlighting her figure.

Over dinner Jack relaxed. He seemed himself, Jackie thought. He really had been stressed last year with Vietnam. He was more the Jack from their courting days tonight.

Once they’d finished eating, Jack went to the bathroom. Jackie made herself comfy on the bed. “Bunny, come cuddle.” She smiled when he returned. Jack happily obliged and let her rest her head on his chest.

“You okay?” She whispered, noticing the pain in his eyes.

“Yeah… it’s just my back…”

She turned to look at him. “Roll over and I’ll give you massage.”

He groaned as he moved on to his front. Jackie gently straddled him and gingerly began rubbing his back.

He moaned. “Oh….”

She worked for ten minutes before cuddling back into him. He blushed and pulled her very close. “I’m sorry for not being there for you last year.”

“Don’t worry about it, let’s just enjoy tonight.” She said softly.

He grinned and let his lips crash against hers. She gasped and groaned, kissing him back. They ended up tangled in the covers most of the night.