Chapter 41

Six Hours Later

Jackie woke up in the hospital. She slowly rubbed her eyes as she looked around. She sat up and her eyes landed on Agent Philips who was sitting in the chair beside her bed. “Mr. Philips?” She asked groggily, blinking a few time to adjust to the light.

“Miss Bouvier, are you okay?”

She groaned. “I think so… what happened?”

“You fainted in the meeting.” He replied watching her. She looked very pale and tired.

“Oh… what did the doctor say was wrong with me?”

“He didn’t. He wanted to tell you what was wrong before anyone else.” He said. “Would you like me to go get him for you?”

She nodded. “Please.”

When Agent Philips left the room, Jackie sat up and took a drink of water. She looked awful she thought as she glanced into the mirror.

“Miss Bouvier.” The doctor said coming in. “I’m Dr. Hilton.”

She nodded. “Why did I faint?” She asked in her breathy voice looking him directly in the eyes.

“Eh… uh…” He closed the door. “Congratulations Miss Bouvier, you’re pregnant.” He said.

Jackie stared at him for a few moments registering what he had just said. “I’m pregnant?” She asked dumbly.

He nodded. “Yes, Ma’am.” His eyes went to her engagement ring.

“Could you tell Mr. Philips that I need to see him, urgently…. And can you please keep this to yourself.”

“Of course, Ma’am.”

“Thank you.” Jackie said slighting panicking.

After the doctor left Agent Philips came in. “What can I do for you, Miss Bouvier?” He asked smiling.

“I need you to get the President here without anyone knowing.”

He nodded. “He’s already on his way, he’s spent the last few hours convincing the world leader’s not to tell the world you’re his fiancée.”

Jackie cringed. “Okay.”

Within the hour Jack arrived. He looked harassed but he relaxed when he saw her sitting up watching TV. “Are you okay, Kid?” He asked hugging her.

She nodded. “Um… Jack… I need to tell you something.”

“What?” He asked squeezing her hand.

Jackie took a deep breath and looked into his eyes. “I…I’m pregnant….” She whispered as tears formed in her eyes.

Jack froze but he smiled and relaxed. “That’s great.”

“What?!” She exclaimed, freaking out. “What about my career or both our careers?! They’ll ridicule us!”

“Jackie calm.” He whispered kissing her. “We’ll get married soon and no one will know.”

“Okay.” She sniffed. “But we’ll have to talk with the Queen.”

He nodded. “How far along are you?”

“Five weeks, it must have happened in Germany.”

Jack smirked. “That was a good time.”

She giggled as she wiped her tears. “Yes, I guess it was, Bunny.”

He slowly leaned in and placed a hand on her stomach before kissing her softly. “I love you, Kid.”

“I love you too, Jack.”