Chapter 58

Thursday 26th January 1968

When Jack woke he was blinded by the sun streaming in through the window. “Jackie?” He asked groggily.

“Yeah?” She called from the bath.

“What time is it?” He groaned sitting up and rubbing his back. He smirked as he saw their clothes lying discarded on the floor.

“Just after nine.”

Jack headed into the bathroom for a shower. “Last night was great.” He grinned as he brushed his teeth.

“It was.” She blushed.

Once they were both washed and ready they kissed passionately. He laced his fingers with hers and they went downstairs for breakfast. It caused a scene as other guests were shocked. Both Jack and Jackie sighed as they sat down. “So much for privacy.” Jackie mumbled.

“I know.” He rolled his eyes.

“Can we walk back to the White House?” She whispered.

“Of course, but I don’t think Clint and Andrew will like it.”

She shrugged. “Live a little, Bunny.”

He blushed and placed his hand on her knee under the table. “I wonder how Bobble is today.”

Jackie couldn’t control her laughter. “I wonder.” She smirked. He leaned over and kissed her lips. “I’m going to call him that in front of Lyndon, that’ll piss him off.”

She giggled. “That’ll be funny.”

After breakfast Jackie took his arm and they walked back to the White House. Jack felt refreshed; maybe last night was what they needed. Jackie winked at him. She was happy.

6pm

The Oval Office

Jack was working late to make up for the hours he lost this morning. He was deep in thought over a letter from Khrushchev when there was a soft knock at the door. “Yeah?” He called looking up.

Jackie timidly came in. She closed the door behind her. “Hey, Bunny.” She smiled. Jack stood up took her hand. “You okay, Kid?”

She nodded and wrapped her arms around him. “I just thought you might want to come and tuck the kids in.” She whispered.

Jack was drawn in by her breathy voice. “I do, but then maybe we could go to our room.”

She giggled and kissed him. He pulled her close. “Bobble seemed tired this morning.”

Jackie giggled.

They were lost in the moment when Bobby stormed in. He froze when he saw his brother and sister in law. Jack blushed. “What Bobby?”

“Uh… doesn’t matter.” He said quickly leaving.

Jack laughed. “Come on Kid, let’s go upstairs.” He took her hand. She grinned and followed him.