Chapter 24

Friday 19th November 1965

Camp David, USA

9pm

It had been three months since the meeting at Chequers and they hadn’t seen each other since. He missed her like crazy which why she was coming to Camp David for an ‘emergency summit’ on the Cold War.

Jack was standing on the porch at the back of the house. Jackie had just arrived and was freshening up in her room.

He was playing with his hands while looking up at the stars. He felt at ease, he felt better in himself. He was deep in thought when he felt a pair of arms wrapping around him. “Bunny.” Jackie whispered.

He grinned and turned around so they were facing. “Kid.” His arms wrapped around her, while her arms wrapped around his neck. They were staring into each other’s eyes.

“I’ve missed you so much.” Jackie whispered.

“I missed you too; I was beginning to get so grumpy. I was driving Bobby mad.” He teased.

She giggled. “I can imagine that it can’t be hard to make him mad.”

He smiled and played with the ends of her hair. The moon light made her eyes sparkle. “Jacqueline, you make me so happy.”

She giggled and blushed. “You make me happy too.”

His lips brushed with hers before their tongues met. They only pulled back for breath. Their bodies were close together as they kissed.

Clint Hill was on his nightly rounds when he turned the corner. He looked up and gasped. He dropped the flashlight he was holding and it hit the decking. Jack immediately looked up. His cheeks were flushed. “Mr. President……” Clint stuttered.

 “Clint…..uh….” Jack was flustered. Jackie stood behind him blushing. “Please… just uh…”

Clint stared at the two of them, completely and utterly shocked. “Are…. Are you two... involved?”

Jack nodded. “Please… Please don’t say anything Clint…”

“Yes, Sir.” He replied. “How long have you… been seeing each other?” He asked, still in shock.

“May.” Jack said his face still incredibly red with embarrassment.

“I won’t say anything, Mr. President, Miss Bouvier.”

Jack nodded and quickly whisked Jackie inside. “Oh my God… I’m so sorry Jackie… I didn’t think…..”

She grabbed him by the shirt and kissed him to get him to shut up. “Bunny, he seems trustworthy. Relax.”

He smiled and stroked her cheek before escorting her upstairs.