Chapter 51

For the next week the First Couple spent their honeymoon in the Florida sun. They stayed at their friend’s house to have privacy and time away from the extended Kennedy family.

Jack was lying on the beach easing his back while getting a tan. Jackie was beside him reading a book. “This is nice.” She whispered.

“Very.” He grinned sitting up.

She smiled and pulled his arm around her. He grinned and rolled over so he was lying on top of her. “What are you doing?” She giggled.

“I just thought we could you know….”

She blushed. “The secret service can see us.” She whispered ruffling his hair.

“And? We’re on honeymoon.” He winked.

She gave up and kissed him passionately. He moaned and caressed her side. She gasped. “Jack!”

He smirked. He was rather playful, Jackie thought. “Let’s go inside.” He whispered. Jackie nodded and got up.

When they returned to the beach Jackie was red in the face and very giddy. Jack was grinning. “I love you, Kid.”

“Love you too.”

After the week was up they returned to Washington tanned and healthy. Bobby was happy to see Jack so relaxed and happy. “How was the honeymoon?” Bobby asked.

“Good.” Jackie smiled.

“I’ll catch up with you later Jack.”

Jack nodded and guided Jackie to the residence. When they opened the door Caroline and John jumped on them. “Hey.” Jackie smiled picking John up.

“I missed you.” Caroline smiled.

“We missed you too.”

As the children told them all about their week Jackie slipped her hand into Jack’s. He smiled at her. The children were hyper.

That night Jack was sitting on the Truman balcony watching over the city. He wasn’t aware of anyone watching him till Jackie quietly sat down next to him. “Are you okay?”

He sighed. “I…I was thinking about Helen and I know I shouldn’t but….”

“Jack, of course you can think about Helen. She was your wife for ten years.” She said taking his hand.

“It’s just unfair that she was killed so young and didn’t get the chance to live out her life.” He sighed.

“I know, it is tragic and we need to keep her memory alive within Caroline and John.” She said softly.

Jack smiled. “I love you so much.”

She kissed him. “Good, because I’m your wife.” Both of them laughed before sharing a hug.