Chapter 34

Thursday 17th February 1966

Gatwick Airport

Air Force one touched down swiftly after 9pm. It was freezing and he couldn’t wait to see Jackie. Especially, after the difficult summit with Khrushchev. 

As Jack walked off the steps he smiled and waved to the crowds. He needed a rest and he knew his quiet schedule for London would be good.

Clint closed the door behind him as he got into the Presidential Limousine. Kenny was beside him. “So, are you excited?” Kenny asked in a low voice.

Jack smiled and nodded.

Kenny smiled. “You do know I think it’s nice, as long as no one finds out.”

Jack laughed. “I hope that too.”

When they arrived at 10 Downing Street, Jack shook her hand. “Miss Bouvier.” He smiled. “Mr. President.” She replied.

As soon as the door was closed and it was just Kenny and Tish left in the hallway, Jack wrapped his arms around her and let his lips crash against hers. “Oh!” She moaned letting her hands run to his hair.

“Please, oh please, get a room.” Kenny mumbled.

Jack laughed and took her hand. “Night Kenny, Tish.” He smiled. Jackie blushed and guided him upstairs.

Once they were in her room they fell on to the bed wrapped in each other’s arms. “Oh, Caroline asked me to give you this.” He said handing her a card.

She smiled and opened it.

Dear Jackie,

Thank you for making my Daddy happy again. He is much happier and it’s thanks to you. John and I appreciate it.

Thank you.

Love from Caroline and John xx

Jackie had tears welling in her eyes. “Jackie?” Jack asked confused. She handed him the card. She’d never felt so touched in her life.

Jack smiled. “They really like you Jackie.”

“I like them too.”

He put the card on the nightstand before wrapping his arms around her. He kissed her cheek. “Let’s spend some time together.”

She giggled and nodded.