Chapter 35

Saturday 5th March 1966

Chequers, UK

Jackie was finishing tying her horse up. She felt refreshed. It had been a busy week in the office with issues in Berlin. She had just removed her hat when she saw Agent Philips.

“Mr. Philips.” She smiled putting her hair up.

“Miss Bouvier.” He nodded walking beside her. Jackie looked at him. He seemed like he wanted to say something. “Is everything okay, Mr. Philips?”

He stopped. “Can I ask you something?”

She nodded. “Always.”

He took a deep breath. “Are you actually with the President in a relationship?” He asked quietly.

Jackie’s eyes widened. “How… how did you know?”

He smiled softly. “I saw you that night at Blair House and at Camp David.” He said. “Don’t worry your secrets safe with me.”

Jackie blushed. “I know I can trust you, you’ve kept it a secret all this time.”

He smiled. “You seem genuinely happy.”

Jackie hugged him. “I am. Thank you.” She quickly headed inside. She was happy but she missed him.

New York City, USA

“Daddy! Come on.” Caroline exclaimed taking Jack’s hand.

He smiled. “I don’t know why I asked you to come shopping with me.” He teased. Caroline giggled. “Because I’m a girl and I have a good eye for things.”

He laughed. “You’ve got me there.”

They were walking along Fifth Avenue on their way to Tiffanies when the press spotted them. Jack quickly tightened his grip of Caroline’s hand and nodded at the agents to guard her. He had become over protective since the attempted kidnapping.

“Daddy?” Caroline smiled.

“Yeah, Buttons?”

“I love you and I’m so glad you’re doing this.” She whispered. He blushed and ruffled her hair. “Thanks.”

“Dad, seriously don’t mess up my hair.” She said looking at him. Her eyes were very much like his.

“Ok, sorry.”

She smiled. As they went into Tiffanies, the owner threw the other customers out. Caroline got lost, she was mesmerised by the jewels. “Caroline keep focused.” Jack said.

She nodded. “Sorry.”

After a while of browsing at the rings and earrings, Caroline and Jack both pointed at the same one. “That one.” Jack said turning to look at his daughter. She nodded in agreement.