Chapter 37

Saturday 9th April 1966

1am

“Oh…” Jackie panted as she pulled the bed sheet around her. Her cheeks were flushed pink and she was breathing hard.

Jack smirked at her and rolled on to his side. “How is the future Mrs. Kennedy feeling?” He teased.

Her blush deepened more. “Good.” She giggled.

He grinned and kissed her softly. “Good night, Jacqueline.” He whispered in his charming voice.

She nodded. “Night, Bunny.”

Jack rolled over and cuddled in. His whole face was covered in exhaustion. She massaged his back and watched as he drifted to sleep. Once he was out cold Jackie got up and pulled his shirt on. She opened the window and stuck her head out she needed air to cool down.

Her eyes quickly drifted to the beautiful ring on her finger. She blushed; she was going to get married.

8am

Jack was standing in his boxers with Jackie in his arms. She smiled and kissed his cheek. “Bunny… how will we get married, you know… our jobs kind of get in the way?”

“I’m not exactly sure but I know we need too.”

She giggled. “Me too, I love you.”

He pulled her close. Nothing would stop him marrying Jackie. They were standing chatting when Tish walked in. She gasped and turned around quickly. “I’m sorry…”

“It’s okay Tish, what is it?” Jackie asked.

“The President needs to go back to the White House, Kenny is looking for him.” She said.

“Okay.”

Tish nodded and quickly left.

Jackie started to giggle. “Jackie, you seem really giddy.” Jack said guiding her back to the bed. “Jack!” She exclaimed.

He grinned and his lips brushed with hers. “Don’t you need to go to work?” Jackie asked.

“Oh Kenny can wait,” He whispered. “You’re much more fun.”

She blushed and pulled the covers over them.

10am

When Jack walked into the Oval he couldn’t stop grinning and he seemed refreshed. “Where the hell have you been?” Kenny demanded.

He sat down and looked up at him. “Oh you know.”

“No I don’t! Now tell me!”

Jack grinned. “Blair House.”

Kenny rolled his eyes and flipped his arms into the air. “I give up with you at times, Jack!”

Jack laughed as Kenny walked away, he really didn’t mean to stress his staff out.