Chapter 2

President Kennedy’s Bedroom, The White House

Friday 16th October 1964

Jack was snoring when Kenny hammered on the door. Jack grumbled and sat up rubbing his eyes. “What?”

Kenny came in and handed him the paper and a phone number. “Miss Jacqueline Bouvier was elected as the British Prime Minister.”

Jack nodded. “That’s good.”

“Phone her and congratulate her.” Kenny said.

“I will.”

After Kenny left Jack sat up and pulled his dressing gown on. He was struggling. It was nearly a year since his wife had been brutally murdered in Dallas. He sighed and stood up. Suddenly Caroline ran in. “Daddy!”

He bent down and hugged her. “Good morning my little Buttons how are you?” He smiled.

“I’m fine.”

“Good.”

She smiled and ran back to John. Jack went for a shower before getting dressed. His wife Helen wasn’t the love of his life, his father had paired them together but he did care for her and he was struggling with depression.

He sat on his bed and picked up the phone. He dialled the number Kenny had given him. “Hello?” A voice asked.

“Hello, this is President Kennedy.” Jack said.

Jackie gasped. “M-Mr. President, what can I do for you?”

“I just wanted to congratulate you on the election and your new role as Madam Prime Minister.”

“Thank you Mr. President it means a lot to me.”

“Hopefully I’ll get the chance to meet you, so I better win the election.” He laughed.

“Yes, I’m sure you will.”

Jack nodded. “Thank you, goodbye Miss Bouvier.”

“Bye, Mr. President.”

Jack sighed as he hung up. He wanted to be happy, he wanted to be a good Dad but juggling Presidential work with being a full time Dad was difficult.

He got up and headed downstairs. His mind was focused on the election, he didn’t just want to win, he wanted to win. He felt he had more to give.

Jackie was lying in bed stunned by the phone call. It made her realise just how important her new positon in the world was. She was ready to be a world leader she thought.