Chapter 40

"You look and seem different."

A suspicious but gentle voice carried by the gentle breeze filled your ear canals.

Trying your best to beat down your ear to ear smile, you closed your eyes that was absorbing the beautiful scenery of the lush forest that appeared to be an endless dark green sea, partially hidden underneath the mist that gave it an enchanted look.

"I'm just happy to see you again Itachi."

He knew. He knew that was true, but only partially true. There was something else that made your eyes glimmer with excitement, happiness but with a haze of sadness. Very subtle, almost unnoticeable sadness. But Itachi was your best friend, something very subtle was obvious to him.

"So." Itachi slowly worded.

"I noticed Hisoka didn't come on the trip either." Itachi stated, eyeing you very closely.

Feeling those onyx eyes burning your skin, with very cell in your body you attempted to remain unphased by Itachi's awfully suspicious tone that sounded ever so casual to those who don't know him. Merely upon hearing Hisoka's name made your stomach do several backflips and your heart thump uncontrollably.

How could you tell Itachi what happened?

No one can just casually drop a bombshell like that. 'Oh yeah Hisoka was with me this whole time. I was addicted to prescription meds so one of the ways I detoxed was by kissing Hisoka because for some reason his kiss calmed my aching body and my nerves that were constantly ablaze. Suddenly after that kiss, I started noticing Hisoka in ways I never did before. From innocent yet passionate kisses I gave up my virginity as well to him. Oh yes, and it wasn't just one time, we actually slept together this whole week. No big deal huh? '

Indeed you knew you could tell Itachi anything, however for some reason you couldn't bring yourself to tell him. Itachi would be the last person to judge anyone, but your mind was creating uncessary judgement that he would never cast upon you.

The fact that you slept with the notorious f-boy, making you another easy girl he could get with. Or being a typical girl that becomes attracted to a bad boy, a gangster more specifically.

You never lied to Itachi ever before, but you hated yourself unbearably much right now because this is the first time you would keep something from him. After all, it was only fair you did because you told Hisoka to not mention what happened between them to anyone, and you were always one to believe equal treatment.

"Yeah, I was shocked when I saw him wondering around the mansion on Monday." You acknowledged, ensuring your voice wasn't shaky.

"He actually helped me with the ball decorations can you believe that? I didn't even ask him, he actually offered. " You smartly told the truth of some aspects to mask what went down.

Raising a slight arched eyebrow at that new found information, Itachi ghostly smiled as if he knew something was brewing between Hisoka and you.

"Hisoka huh? He actually did something for someone, yet alone such tedious chores? Interesting." Itachi replied in a low but amused manner.

Lightly chuckling, you slowly opened your eyes that immediately grew happily distant. "Yeah, he isn't so bad to be honest. You just need to learn and accept his personality." You stated a bit too friendly - adding to Itachi's suspension.

After a long pregnant pause, Itachi peeled his eyes off your delicate face and also looked at the view, deciding to keep his thoughts and suspensions to himself.

" Well, I don't mind what he is or is like, I'm just grateful he opened his home to you." Itachi sincerely spoke, a bit saddened to not have you living with him anymore.