Chapter 46

Having being done with the cleaning, you eventually fell asleep in Itachi's car and before you knew it, you woke up in your room, still dressed in yesterday's clothes.

Groaning as your aching feet hit the ground, you sluggishly made your way to the bathroom in hopes that a hot soak in a tub will sooth your body pains.

In your little steamy paradise you created, your tranquility was disturbed by your cell ringing.

Without a care that your fingers were wet you swiped up to answer the call and placed it on loudspeaker.

"Hello?"

"Hey y/n! I was just checking how far you are from the restaurant. You have the keys to open up soo -"

"Wha- shit. Oh yes!"

Immediately draining the water, you grabbed a towel and miserably wrapped it around you and ran out.

"Yes! Yes! I will -" Making a sharp turn to your room, totally unaware that Hisoka was still in his room awake and observant of you.

Within a few seconds, Hisoka saw you rush out your room with a long dress on but was unzipped at the back and head back into the bathroom.

"Be there in 5 minutes!" He heard you yell.

Heading out and back into the bedroom to put on sandles, you called Itachi.

"Itachi!!! I need -"

"Done."

"Oh really?! Oh God thank you!"

"And I also need -"

"I'm already outside."

"Flip what would I do without you Ita! Bye!"

Shoving your phone in your bag you headed down the passage, however half way down your leg failed you completely - bringing you to your none injured knee.

"No no no. Not now." You groaned in pain.

Lifting up your dress, the leg Hisoka had injured badly started paining today. Majority of the leg was darkly tainted with shades of black, blue and purple.

"As long as it's not red.. No internal bleeding." You whispered to yourself to try and find a positive in this situation.

Taking in several deep breaths, you pulled yourself up with the support of the wall. Although you tried to stand on that injured leg very slowly, the pain just surged through your body - causing you to fall straight down.

"Come y/n.." You groaned in pain to yourself.

Slamming your fist into the wall to pump yourself up, "Mind over matter." You muttered as you forced yourself to stand up once more.

"Oh God" You exhaled a long volume of air as you kept telling yourself this pain was mind over matter.

Clutching your hair in a controlled and calmed agony, you continued to press down all your body weight down the injured leg to get used to the pain.

Finally getting at least 5% used to the pain, you attempted to continue walking down the passenge, first on a limp, but with the flick of your hair you started to walk like nothing was wrong.

Watching everything, Hisoka did feel just a tad bit guilty for hurting you that badly, but he was highly impressed by your tolerance for the pain because he definitely wasn't holding back yesterday - and if he was, it would've only been a little to prevent your bones from shattering completely.

He was glad that you could get up almost immediately after a wave of pain drowned your body - it was a sign of strength and resilience. You could definitely keep up with him and rest of his gang - if he was considering to make you one of his.