Chapter 52

Luckily for his absence of stubbornness at the moment, Hisoka agreed to staying in one of the bedrooms on ground floor instead of his bedroom that was on the third floor - hundreds of steps up.

Moving most of his room belongings down to make him feel more comfortable as you managed to lay him down, you took in several deep breaths before entering the room - nervous and ashamed about what you have to ask him.

"Hisoka." You called out.

Opening his eyes as acknowledgment, he patiently waited for you to talk.

"Um so you know.." Trailing off, you continued to pace up and down - feeling far too edgy.

"Sit." Hisoka ordered, not wanting to deal with ants in your pants.

"R-right." You warily sat down next to him.

"S-so I know you said I must do everything myself and I will okay! I promise I will, but it's just... I. I.. I need you to help me out -"

Releasing a big sigh, '' Financially." You finally confessed.

"Promise it's not for me. I just need certain supplies that will help you get better. Things for you physical, electrical and heat therapy I plan to do for you. I have this contact that will get it for me. "

"I-I also promise that once I get my degree and start working, I'll pay you back every cent. You know I wouldn't ever ask you for money for anything, b-but it's not for me and I really can't afford everything.." You quietly spoke. For some reason you sounded she looked like you wanted to cry. Clearly asking someone for money stripped a massive sense of pride and dignity away from you.

He knew your desperation to help him reached new levels if you came to ask this of him.

Extending his arm to his bedside table, Hisoka reached for his wallet and handed you his black card.

"There's no pin. Just swipe. If your contact doesn't accept EFT, take as much cash that's in the first room on the 3rd floor. Door code 0044." He spoke, void of any emotion.

He wasn't thinking bad of you or anything for asking. Hisoka knew you weren't a gold digger and your financial situation,nor did he care about his money too much. He was just feeling emotionally and mentally numb about the whole situation with his legs.

"T-thank you Hisoka.." You mumbled, unable to look him in the eye anymore.

"I'll just make this phone call, sort it out and I'll be back."

Walking away, you wrote down the things you needed after recalling what physiotherapists in the hospital used during your hours at the hospital and after hours of researching online - several other things that might help.

After calling one of your distant friends Law that was heavily involved in medical supplies and ordered everything you needed, you made your way back to Hisoka.

Sitting on his bed with a paper and pen,you took another deep breath in - really not wanting to disturb him.

"I will make supper just now, but I just wanted to ask you a few questions and what your preferences about certain matters are. Only if you up to it." You timidly spoke, looking for any indication that he was or wasn't.

Still with his eyes closed, "Ask." He lowly replied.

"O-okay so.. About the toilet situation."

"I-I don't mind helping you afterwards. Obviously that will require a catheter bag and other stuff to help relief yourself because you won't feel when you will need to go. B-but." You tried to tread carefully to not make him feel like a baby that needs mothering even though the situation is almost very similar.