Chapter 30

Going according to plan, you spent the whole day on the porch making those decors and studied at the same time until sun set.

"We should head back before light is completely gone." Hisoka informed you.

Looking at him with a pout, you unhappily whined. "But I don't want to leave."

Holding your gaze with amusement, "You want to stay here for the night?" He curiously asked.

Like a child, you nodded your head in agreement.

"You do know there's no electricity here anymore." Hisoka smiled, determining whether you still wanted to stay.

"Well then, I guess you better head out into the forest to chop some wood down for us." You sheepishly replied, making Hisoka exhale amusingly in defeat.

"Such a bossy woman you are." He commented before getting up and surprisingly listened to you.

Having him gone, you started to search through your bag.

"Shit where are they?" Your voice, panic stricken upon being unable to find your pills.

Practically lifting your bag upside, having all its content drop to the floor, you realized they truly weren't here.

"Damn, I must of misplaced it." You stressfully sighed before rubbing your temples, unhappy and on edge. What made things worse you told Hisoka you want to stay here for the night, so it'll only be till tomorrow until you can take them again.

Shoving all your things back in your bag, you went inside to see if you could distract yourself with. Finding nothing but a jar of Nutella in the cupboard, you grabbed a spoon and headed back outside to sit on the wooden platform extended out into the unfrozen lake, feet dangling only inches away from the icy water and sky completely void of any sunlight, replaced by just the stars and full moon.

For what seemed like half an hour, you heard footsteps come up from behind you. From the corner of your eye you saw Hisoka take a seat next to you, smelling like earth mixed into his cologne.

"Hisoka, I got a confession." You broke the silence.

"Mm, what is it?"

In response, you shifted the Nutella jar in between the two of you. "I stole this from your cupboard and currently am eating it." You confessed the obvious, making Hisoka chuckle at your weirdness.

"Oh my, that's a very terrible crime to commit. 2 years imprisonment for stealing. But that can all go away if you do what you supposed to do." He replied.

Developing a smile based on the fact he played along, you simply scooped a bit of Nutella, and brought the spoon to his mouth, knowing exactly that's what he wanted. '' There you go toddler." You teased before taking a bite for yourself, falling into the natural pattern you and him had of sharing food in turns.

Since it was really noticeable this time, Hisoka decided to bring it up. ''Your hands are trembling y/n, you on speed again?"

Being asked that, your body instantly stiffened and a debate went on in your head. You didn't know whether to lie out of it or tell him the truth. Naturally you were leaning more on telling him the truth, you didn't really like lying, especially to people who help you out. Lowering the spoon, your eyes stayed fixed on the still lake that reflected the moon.

"Yeah.. But I'm okay. It's nothing serious." You brushed off, trying to ignore the piercing eyes you felt on your skin. Unconvinced eyes.

"You never used to tremble when you took it back then." Hisoka decided to push to see if you would confess everything on your own.