Chapter 53

Removing your fingers from his hair, you heard him groan in disapproval.

Chuckling, you wrapped one arm around his neck and slid your other foamy hand down and across his chest, peering your head over his shoulder.

"I'm going to end up scraping the skin off your head if I continue. I'm going to go make supper, get the water hot again and relax." You warmly whispered in his ear, before you unintentionally planted a kiss on his cheek before getting up. How unawarely affectionate.

Pushing the wheel chair closer to the tub, you covered the seat with a towel just incase Hisoka wanted to get out before you returned.

"Y/n." Hisoka called out your name, causing you to stop at the doorframe.

"Skin." He reminded you again that your throw over undid itself again.

"No one is here though."

"Sabastian might be."

With an apprective look, you thanked him for the heads up and left.

--

"Hey Itachi, sorry for only calling now. It's been a full day." Since you finally had time to reply to Itachi, you decided to phone him and give him the run down of the entire situation as you prepared dinner.

"I know I literally just moved back into your place but it seems I'll be staying here a bit longer. Just until Hisoka walks again."

You could tell by the eerie silence over the phone Itachi was a bit of a concerned about promising Hisoka that he will walk again. He knew you had a big heart, but sometimes your heart got you into the wrong situations.

" Itachi don't even say it. He will. I can sense that he will again. It's not false hope."

"What makes you so sure besides your optimistim?"

"I'm sure because I know the type of man he is Itachi. Hisoka is unbelievably strong. Both mentally and physically. Nothing defeats Hisoka. It's always the opposite way around."

Growing quieter, "I just know Itachi.. It's not my optimism or hope, it's this gut feeling."

Talking to Itachi for another 10 minutes about this whole matter and school arrangements, which as always, Itachi said he will update you on what's happening at school. Not that it will be much though. The week before exams is mainly focused on revision. Besides it won't be entirely suspicious if you don't attend because many students stay at home during this time. Additionally, teachers know that you finished not just the half year's work, but the entire years syllabus with Itachi.

It was emergencies like this where you were grateful for being a nerd that took studying seriously. Because there was no way in hell you were going to leave Hisoka alone just to go to school if you were behind.

Walking back into the bedroom, you saw that Hisoka was out and sitting up right on the bed with just boxers on you left on the bed among other clothing it seemed he didn't want to wear.

"Hey, do you want to eat with others out there or you want to stay here?" It was just Sabastian and Hidan originally here, but the rest did eventually come.

"Here." Hisoka sharply replied.

Feeling a bit bad for the others, you walked out the bedroom and informed them about Hisoka's decision.

"He probably doesn't want us to see him in a wheelchair." Uta logically put two and two together.

"He's still the boss regardless of what happened and the current state he is in. He shouldn't worry about how he looks in front of us." Grimmjow replied, enjoying your food in the process.