Chapter 43

Finishing the decor for the ball that was a few minutes away by the skin of your teeth, you headed to the girls bathroom to change.

Having a bit of what people mistaken as being goth side, you wore a flowy black dress that showed just a bit of cleavage to tease by still kept your body a mystery

Having a bit of what people mistaken as being goth side, you wore a flowy black dress that showed just a bit of cleavage to tease by still kept your body a mystery. Elegant but still sexy.

Surprisingly you actually felt beautiful and a tad bit of you wanted to just enjoy this like everyone else, but of course being the responsible and hardworking on, there was no such thing as having fun. You practically had to run this entire event and ensure everything will run smoothly.

As the night progressed, your eyes couldn't help but land on Itachi and Izumi. A proud smile tugged at your lips as you mentally patted Itachi on a job well done. Nothing made you more happy than seeing your best friend enjoy himself and decide to not let his sickness hold him back on moments he could create in life.

Walking around, you were stopped by a familair loud voice that overpowered the blaring music.

"Don't forget to put alcohol in the punch y/n!" a rather handsome Grimmjow in a tux yelled.

Laughing with a disapproval head shake you yelled back, "I already did for people like you."

Before your eyes could land on Hisoka since the group always stuck together, Grimmjow spoke again.

"Y/n can I talk to you?" His obnoxious voice change to a much serious and quieter on.

Arching in your eyebrow from the sudden change, you nodded your head in acknowledgment that he can.

Immediately standing up, a nervous Grimmjow walked to you and stood there as if he was unsure.

"Well, what's wrong?" You encouraged him to talk.

Inching nearing to you, Grimmjow bent his head a little down to you so his lips were right next to your ear - not wanting anyone to hear just incase.

"It's about Orihime." He nervously whispered, catching you totally off guard by such vulnerablity. Of course people like Grimmjow were batshit crazy, but he was still human. If anything you had a feeling of what he might want to talk about involving her, and you were glad that someone like him was sincerely invested in one girl rather than several like Hisoka or the rest of his gang members.

Standing up straight, Grimmjow looked at you for some sort of sign you knew what he wanted and if you were willing to help. Returning your shock ridden eyes to normal, a huge smile screeched across your face before you grabbed Grimmjow's wrist.

"We definitely cannot talk about that here." You excitedly chirped before walking away with him - leading him to somewhere with less ears listening.

Naturally to the outside eye watching, the scene that just played out made it seem like Grimmjow told you something, maybe even a confession about his undying love for you - which made you smile in return. A watchful eye like Hisoka that was still watching the interaction between you and his friend from afar.