Chapter 54

"Or I got shot to ensure I never go back to that life again." Hisoka spoke about something completely opposite from his thoughts.

"Do you feel that?"

"Yeah."

"True, you could be right but if so, why will you recover? '' You remained positive.

" You still believe I will? " Hisoka slowly replied, falling into a deeper pit of relaxation.

" Do you feel that? "

" Hm. "

" Yes I do believe you will. You strong Hisoka."

"Are you convincing me or yourself?" Hisoka inquired.

"Do you feel that?"

"A little."

"Why would either of us need convincing if we both know that's the truth, unless you think you aren't." You replied with much sass.

"I'm not anymore." Hisoka unashamedly confessed.

"If you aren't strong anymore, tell me why you just told me you felt the needle go in your lower back that supposed to be void of all feeling?" Traces of excitement and smugness laced your voice.

"What?" Raising his voice a bit more, he could've sworn this tranquil state was causing him to hear things.

Tapping another needle down, "Do you feel this."

"Yes, wait. That's my -" Hisoka was about to move and turn around but you immediately stopped him. It was only after you did it again did he realize what he was saying yes too this entire time. He was in such a relaxed state of mind and indulged conversation with you to realize where about in his body you were inserting those needles.

"Don't move. But yes. That's your lower back Hisoka."

With his entire world coming to a halt, Hisoka stared mindlessly at the mirror that showed him the reflection of you and him and the several needles placed all over his back - including his lower, you weren't lying and he wasn't just imagining.

Following his gaze to the massive mirror, you warmly smiled at Hisoka's reflection.

Bending down, you gingerly placed a single kiss on his lower back - avoiding to move the needles and . "You are strong Hisoka."

Looking back at his reflection, "The strongest man I know, and I'm usually 97% right most of the time. 100% if I'm lucky, statically speaking off my academic results of course." You sweetly, but with a hint of ego spoke.

Still speechless, Hisoka needed time to let this sink in. He heard you. He felt you. The coin just didn't drop entirely.

Looking at you through the mirror, Hisoka started to question whether the God you pray too really exists. Only a higher power that created you as a God sent angel on earth could perform this miracle.

Indeed Hisoka did believe that you will fix him to an extent, but there was still most parts of him that didn't think you would do it. He was merely only entertaining your game for a bit. But you were doing it.

You were slowly fixing Hisoka like you promised.

"How? But I still can't move or feel my legs." Hisoka finally spoke. Boardline mind blown but disappointed he couldn't move the slightest.

"You not expected to move on the first day Hisoka. Things like this take time, patience and work. And how? Well as I said, you are strong." You vaguely answered, not really wanting to bore him with details, but rather let him savour this.