Chapter 31

Sitting on the couch, you watched Hisoka start the fire manually. Ever since that kiss you have been noticing Hisoka more, for instance you couldn't seem to get your eyes off his bare back. The way his back muscles moved ever so sensually and flexed made your tummy knot up, so tight your toes involuntary even curled up.
The way the darkness and the dim illumination of the fire casted such entrancing shadows over his body, making his ripped muscles look even more hotter. It was also the first time you ever really noticed the gigantic tattooed spider on his back, making him look even more dangerously hot.

'G-gosh stop y/n.' You scolded yourself, reluctantly looking away from his back.

'I couldn't forget you even if I tried.'

Eight words that echoed throughout your head when you tried to distract yourself. It was hard to understand what that meant or if it meant anything in the first place. A part of your heart wanted to believe Hisoka meant that, the way he said it and the look he had in his eyes - it felt so truthfully pure. However logic gave birth to doubts about his words - Hisoka was a player, smooth talking was his way of worming his way to a woman's body and heart.

Sighing deeply, you closed your eyes and tried to focus on something else other than Hisoka.

Not long after, you felt the couch dip from a heavy weight. "Here."

A smooth voice mused you out of your thoughts and darkness. Feeling more warmth encapsulate you, you opened your eyes to see Hisoka drape a blanket over you. Feeling satisfied with the coverage, he extended his one arm across the couch top and looked at you.

"Seems your temperature is regulating back to normal if you feeling a bit cold." He said.

Bringing the thin blanket up to your chin, you shakily tried to hold his gaze.

"T-thanks." You shyly stummered in appreciation for his help to get your temperature lowered.

"So besides the temperature changes, is anything else wrong?" He asked.

"M-my head is just splitting and eyes are throbbing." You truthfully replied.

Looking at you seemingly genuinely, Hisoka sunk back into the couch and smoothly wormed his hand underneath the blanket, and delicately held your arm, tugging you to him.

"W-what -" You stummered, but was cut off by surprise because he made your head rest on his lap and slowly started too massage your temples.

"Mm.." The sudden oddity of his actions dissolved into nothingness when you felt a sense of relief smother over you by his perfectly pressured hand squeezing your temples.

Relaxing your head satisfyingly on his lap, you let out a deep sigh and closed your eyes.

"Better? " He asked in a low undertone.

"Uh huh." You hummed happily in response, making Hisoka partially smirk.

"A bit harder please." You murmured.

"Mmmm~ harder huh? " Hisoka repeated in a playfully seductive manner, making you lightly smack his thigh.

"Mind out of the gutter Hisoka." You deadpanned.

As much as Hisoka wanted to tease you about the steamy kiss you and him shared awhile back, he knew it would just make you feel uncomfortable and shy away, resulting in you becoming more hesitant to kiss him, something he didn't want. So with all his Joker might, he held back with the comments.

"Hisoka." He heard you angelically call his name.

"Yes?"

".. I'm sorry for pointing a gun at you. I promise I'll never do that again." Voice laced with regret.