3 : Mother-daughter

Savvy's POV

"You look beautiful." Maddy chirped and run around the room like a kid. Seeing her, my twins' sisters, Izzy and Joy followed her, even they copied her zeal.

"Maddy, if they are hurt. I will make sure you will be afraid of sweet, for forever." I warned my best friend and hold Izzy, our other redhead. Kissing her nose, I was rewarded with her sweetest giggles, and then I looked for Joy, another hazel eyed girl.

"Joy......" I called her but instead of reply, I heard her giggling. "Savvy is baking cookies." I sang. Hearing me, Izzy bounced in my arms and Joy run towards us, revealing herself to us.

"Joy wan cookies." My 5-year-old baby sister demanded.

"Izzy wan cookies two..." Another girl in my arms demanded.

"But pwonish me, Izzy and Joy will be good girls." I cooed them. Nodding, they showed me their little finger and screamed 'pwonish'.

"Is everything fine?" Mom rushed into the room and scanned us. All of us, including Maddy. "Why were they screaming?" She inquired pointing at grinning twins.

"Cookies." Joy hugged her mommy and pointed at me. "Savvy pwoish cookies."

"It's there..." Maddy interrupted and volunteered to take them to the kitchen. We knew she can't handle our twins, but we hoped The presence of Jenny. Soon, we heard Jenny complaining, and we broke into a laugh. We are nothing with Jennifer Garcia.

"You look beautiful." Mom smiled. "Do you need help with hairs?"

"Always," I answered and jumped to sit on the coffee table, As this will take time. Mom lost her thumb and the other two fingers of her left hand, due to misunderstanding. Her pain, her suffering failed to break her. She was strong and survived.

Struggling yet determined, she brushed my hair and successfully put hair clips. I offered her help, but she loves to do things for her children and I knew, it is offending for her. For a mother that she's incapable of fulfilling even the small wish of her child.

"If you don't like we can change it." She suggested but I loved it. It is simple yet attractive.

"It is amazing," I said feeling proud at her. She was left-handed, when lost her fingers from her left hand. It took a lot of effort to teach her to use her right hand. Secretly, dad was always by her side. Although, even I am one of those who think whatever Dad did was not fair. He makes sure mom feel in love with so that when his secrets come out, she could be too weak to leave and he even pregnant her so that there would be no other option. This is toxic but later, he submitted himself to her. Now, she's a queen to his empire, and he works beneath her.

"I don't want you to go to this wedding." She said, caressing my hair. "He is lucky that he is alive after hurting my baby." No matter how many times she calls me her baby, I would never be habitual of it. She's just 30, and I am 24 years old.

"You think I am your baby." I laughed at her. "You should hate me... I am the reminder of the presence of another woman in his life."

"Abigail is a great woman. She loved by man a lot. I am thankful to her. She gave him you when he had no one... And, I will never hate you. I love my husband a lot. His every part. And you are his part."

"Sometimes, I think you are a dream... Are you even real?"

"I am as real as you." She gave me a look like she's proud of me. "If you can accept Eli, Abi... Even little Sylvia. Then you deserve all the love."

"I was afraid that the girl I am waiting for is not my sister at all. I thought Emily cheated on Dad, with Miles and was imposing the responsibility of Silver at him."

"Mark is guilty of what happened to Emily..... he accepted that he was the one who gave Emily false hope. Manipulated her so much that she spiked his drink to get pregnant."

"You love dad?" I raised my eyebrows. She always points out the flaws of Dad like any other person.

"I love him, but I am not blinded by love..... He raped me. And this is unacceptable. Wrong is wrong."

"I wanted to apologize to Gran... Sophia." I confessed. "I misbehaved with her."

"She loves you. Even after her death, her soul loves you. Even Hunter has forgiven you."

"But he never meets me."

"He needs time."

"I miss him." I asserted. Yes, I miss him. We grew up together. I witness his first kiss. I was his first kiss. I forced myself at him but as he blackmailed me. He said he would tell dad about my harmless flirt with our art teacher.

"He misses you too..." She assured me. "He is not good with words."

"Can I meet him?"

"Soon." Kissing my forehead, she left. It is been long that we shared a mother-daughter conversation. Talking to her is soothing, despite our little age difference she is successfully a mother to me. To Synn.

After the death of momma Abigail and Kate, Mom was determined and helped Sara to settle. Both women would never accept, but they see each other as sisters. They both are jealous of each other. Dad is very protective about Sara while Mom is affectionate about Valerio. But Valerio loved mom, this is the reason Sara is Sceptical, she subconsciously fears that Valerio would leave her and will go after mom. But he knows, mom loves dad and Sara loves him. He fought a lot with his feelings for Sara but, he knew Sara was the second chance and not everyone is blessed with this opportunity.

Initially, I wanted to be like mom, Mrs Elizabeth Rogers-Schmidt but then, mom, Mrs Rogers preached me.

"I am Savannah Rogers. I am strong." I chanted her words before heading out to meet Maddy.

"Are you sure?" Maddy asked.

"They want us as their friends. We can't abandon them as friends." I smiled and we drove off to the wedding.

"You are not the old Savvy from school," Maddy commented.

"I was immature." I scowled recalling my old self.

"No one actually grows." She quoted Dad's line. I could see, he lectured her. My conscience took these words as a sign. Whenever I am about to do something immature, then dad makes sure his words reach to me as a warning.

"Why do feel immature suddenly?" I asked myself.

"They call your dad, the secret keeper. When he says something, you should consider. And he wanted you to stay away from this wedding." She continued to drive.

"But I am here....." I whined, and she chuckled, knowing that Dad rarely interfere but when he does, then consider it, a predicament.

Dad cautioned his daughter indirectly but why???? Why he didn't warn her directly????

Please vote and comment.....