28: Blues for future

Savvy's POV

“Everything is a dream,” Sara murmured for the umpteenth time before walking on the aisle. Everything was perfect. The Officer was eager to leave. His fear was visible, shaking body, stumbling voice while reading the vows, made Rossi proud. They were once in Mafia and still possessed the dominating essence. They tolerated submission. However, both Rossi men have accepted their co-existence with Mark Rogers-Schmidt.

The fall of Schmidt empire uncover all the illegal business of the family, but dad preferred to stay quiet about Mafia. For Normal people, mafia is history. It helps to maintain peace but Sarai Rossi ruined Dad's effort.

Sarai Bellman destroyed Rossi empire. Broke the family. And finally, Mrs Rossi, Sarah Rossi exposed everything about Mafia being true. Mafia families. Mafia politics. Mafia war. Their fight among heir.

Antonio Rossi was one of the mafia bosses. He turned up after his mother announced the work about his reality and exposed only 5% of mafia to save himself. His wife, Kate inspired the family to leave the mafia. The withdrawal of Rossi from the Mafia was supposed to take place in a phased manner, but one person and everything was wasted. Their effort, family, nothing was left from the impact. Sara did this to the family. Rossi family.

Elijah Rossi, 2nd son of Antonio was traumatized with his mother's death, and tried his best to punish Sara in his way, but he had to give up. He was failed. Sara never left. She was guilty and was so much in love that she became stubborn. And today, she is walking with her miracle boys towards her second chance, the love of her life. Valerio Rossi.

I noticed Val looking at mom with love. The love that he has for mom. I doubt if he still loves her. But he knows one thing, Sara is the person who loves him. Mom never loves, How could she? He raped her. In front of everyone. Not once but multiple times. It was his unspoken duty to save the mother of his daughter, but he believed his brother's lie. Mom suffered a lot and Dad was her love, not Valerio.

Looking away from mom, Val looked at Sara in awe. I could see the love. He looked at her as if she is the only woman in the world. Eli was walking behind the bride. She wasn't a bridesmaid, but she was helping Sara with the veil. Sara wanted mom and Jenny to be her maid of honour but then, little girls were angry with ignorance. The conclusion was, no bridesmaid and best man neither bridesmaids nor groomsmen.

There were no seats to sit, Sara wanted every one of us near her.

“I would like to speak to Eli before everything starts,” Sara announced.

The teen redhead widens her blue eyes with nervousness and stepped next to the bride to reduce her efforts. She helped her younger twin brother to stand near her who were busy irritating each other. Looking prepared what Sara was about to say, Eli forced a smile.

Heaving a sigh, “Thank you for accepting me.” Sara started. “Thank you for being with Val when he was struggling. You have no idea; you were his Anchor, when he was drowning. You were supposed to enjoy your childhood but instead, you took care of him. It was his duty. You are his child; but in reality, he is your child. It was you who stayed. It was you who inspired me not to give up on Val. You made me realize Val is human struggling with his demons... I believe before taking my vows to Val, it is you who deserves these... I am not marrying Val. I am becoming his half.”

Every word was true. Eli never complained about Val. Sara noticed it. She informed everyone that our talkative, childish Eli is so brave.

“I promise to love you like my daughter.” Sara begins again. “Not only you but all your sibling... Including Evie, Elijah and Synn. I promise to give my best in us.” Holding Eli's hand, “Just give me a chance.” She pleaded. “I promise to love you and your siblings, all my children just the way they deserve it. I may not be your mommy, and I am inefficient of being your mommy. I want to be your Sara. I want to be Sarai Rossi.”