17 : Beth

Dedicated to EilPalmones

Savvy' POV

Boom.

Bam.

My environment was filled with these noises. Absurd noises that don't let me sleep. I worked so hard, just to get sleep and now, it is ruined. Now, The hatred for these people will make me kill another man.

Boom.

I couldn't hear anything except the ringing in the ears with the blast. This was close. Too close. I could have died. But this is something that is expected. After all, Vincent and August are attacked. Someone will reach me, and it is a matter of time, who will find me first. Is it The father-son duo or the attacker?

Last night when Vince paid me his visit, I was prepared for my death. The same death that I granted to one of his men when that bastard was dragging me.

Even, I warned him about my temperament but yet, he assumed he is powerful than me. I am half Schmidt and half Rogers. I was trained since the day Dad opened his service for everyone, including mafia. It was Dad's way of protecting me.

“She is fine.” I heard through the smoke. And, that was my signal, 'run for life' but I was touched by someone familiar. “Savvy, it's me. Your Hunter.”

“Hunter...” Crying, I hugged him. My tears were of joy, relief, sadness, anger. All the emotions were fucked up. “I thought I am dead.”

“Not yet,” Hunter assured me and broke our hug. “I found my assignment. Task complete.” He yelled and touched his ears.

Why he is...

Wait.

He is wearing black cargo pants and a t-shirt with all the equipment that Dad carries when he is on the mission. I could see the knife and guns popping out of his t-shirt. He must have a transmitter in his ear.

“Where is Dad?” I asked.

“We don't have time for this. We have limited members and Mr Rogers is not here... Only one is safe. We find you first, so we must leave.” Explaining, he pulled me. The pressure was so much that I cried in pain. Bitch, Nancy Smith simply stabbed injection in my thighs. If she isn't an expert than she could have paid someone else for her work.

“I see, Ms Smith did this to you.” Hunter sounded amused. He is taking advantage of smokes to hide his expression.

“I'll kill that bitch.” I hissed.

“She's dead.”

“She was pregnant.”

“Yes, and she understood that Mr Rossi will take the child with him... It was her trap, to bind him with her for Eli.... failed master plan.”

“Eli?” Whining, I followed him like a puppy. “Why everyone is obsessed with redheads? First Dad, then Valerio and Nancy... She is a mere caretaker.”

“For her, it was a big deal... She was infertile.” Looking around through thick smoke, Hunter unlocked His gun and gave it to me. “Our team is with bulletproof jackets. So shoot, whenever you feel danger around you.”

“What about Beth?” I asked changed took his knife too.

“We are alone. We can't save her now.”

“She's pregnant with my sibling.”

“I know and trust me, Mr Rogers will take care of the father-son duo.” He said and started watching tearing the smoke. “Assignment complete. Fox.”