39: Let's Restart

Savvy's POV

Steve Morrison.

I have to refresh the webpage of my iPad to look at the person. The person available on the screen looks too good to be true. I haven't seen such a good-looking old businessman in my whole life. Dad is 41 years old with an amazing body, but his scars ruin the view. But, nothing matters to mom. For her, Mark Rogers-Schmidt is the world's most handsome man.

I tried to find why the women were attracted to my Dad... Maybe because he provides some sense of security. Financially or maybe physically. The factor is unknown. But, this Steve Morrison is capable of challenging Rossi in the field of looks or even Dad.

“He still looks as good as I remember.” I heard Hunter. I get confused with his and Blaze's voice so, his cologne helps. It is relaxing. My home.

“Are you sure he is Steve Morrison?” I asked with removing my eyes from the soothing picture of oil refinery tycoon.

“Yes, he is... He got the command of his empire from his uncle. Apparently, he was the only child in his generation. No siblings, neither cousins. He gives 'i-am-danger' aura. I don't know why Tia fell for him.”

“Why you don't call them your family? You call them with their names.”

“Family don't try to kill each other... Family are meant to be together. Like Schmidt and Rossi.”

I almost laughed. “The Schmidt are fucked up... They are a living example of incest and Rossi... They ruined each other to save their secrets.”

“At least, they were willing to make amends.” Passing my juice, he sat beside me. “Maxwell... all of them tried to kill me. Including Nadia and her daughters.”

“Then, leave them. They are not the family... I don't want my children to even see them.” I took the sip and put back my iPad into my bag.

“I just want to bring justice to my mother... And Mr Rogers.”

“They did something to dad?”

“Yes... Mr Rogers helped me and Gran when my family refused. So my FAMILY made sure he doesn't get investors for his business and he was forced to take help from Andrew Schmidt. Mr Rogers helped Andrew in the death of detective Bell.” The way he called Family was proof that he despises that family.

“Grandpa Caleb?”

“Yes... Caleb Bell. I feel responsible for the unstable life of Beth.” I could sense his guilt. His life had been a mess, knowing that you are unwanted, trying to survive, feeling guilty about something that you haven't done.

“This is not your fault... Dad chose his side. And so Grandpa Caleb. They both knew what they were doing.” I tried to comfort him but nothing worked.

“But Beth never knew what was coming for her... She was 16 when Her parents were murdered. Mr Rogers staged everything as an accident. She was 18 when Mr Rossi raped her... When he cut her fingers off. She had no idea... Her sister was 17 when she died due to cancer. 3 years, Vicky waited for Beth until she gave up. I feel bad for Bell sisters.”

“We can't change the past... But we can build the future. I know, you are guilty. It was Gage who wanted your mother. He should have taken his responsibility for you, but he chose to be a coward. Now, he is no more. There is nothing called revenge now.”

“You are right. That's why I dropped all my plan and broke that ENGAGEMENT with Beatrice.” With these words, he pulled me into a kiss. I wanted to push him, but his taste... It feels like centuries that I haven't tasted him. My nose craved for him. My hands are dying to touch him. I want him. But... This is not the right time.