Prologue

Dedicated to gifto999

Savy's POV

“I didn't welcome you when you came from Coma.” I heard him teasing me again. I am already irritated by him and now, he is turning annoying. Turning 18 bring a little maturity to a person, but he is the opposite. You know, people get serious about college, projects, career, but he jokes around, and I hate when he buzzes around me like a bee. It just infuriates me.

“Yay...” I clapped copying 6 years old Eli; daughter of Beth who is my step-mom and dad's wife. I don't know why but I kind of like when Elizabeth Rossi, Eli talks and talks. At least, when that 6 years old redhead talk people become quiet “Actually I am surprised as well...” I tried to chirp.

“Anyway.....how are you?” He asked with the familiar annoying voice, which buzzes around me from morning to night. From the training ground to dinner, even in school.

“My bad..... I am still alive.” I said with the sweetest smile.

“You know, she could have killed you.” He turned serious and reminded me what could have happened to me if people were not around?

“But she didn't.”

“You are lucky, Savvy. She loves Mr Rogers too much to kill you.”

“It's Ms Rogers to you.” I reminded him. “And she's just like Emily..... She wants to snatch dad from me.”

“You are not a kid. If she wanted you out of her way, she would have done that... Her beauty is her weapon. She can manipulate anyone easily.” He defended her, like always. That bitch has everyone wrapped on her fingers. She's always right. She's a victim. Bullshit. What about me?

“Can't you see what she did?” I yelled and turned to show him her effect. Her marks in my face. Bloody bitch broke my nose. I was in a coma. Dad used to tell me that she would love me like her own child. Another lie. Why would she love me when she has her daughter? Now, she met her son. Even she loves Sylvia and another addition is SURI ROSSI. She has too many kids to look after then why would she prefer a 17-year-old spoilt girl.

“It was your fault. You brought Eli in between the conversation... Beth went through a lot. She's almost disabled... it hurts her when she can't brush Silver's hair... She loves your baby sister... And, she's trying to love you like a mother.”

“I saw her having sex with Valerio Rossi... The man who got her virginity; gave her Eli... I witnessed the same scenario with Emily and Miles. I was scared... Terrified. What if she kills Sylvia?” I broke into tears imagining the worst. I remember the day when I witness Emily who was my caretaker fell in love with dad. She was pregnant with Sylvia and was Dad's fiancé as well, when I saw her cheating. She was having sex with her bodyguard, Miles. Not only that, but she was almost on her 36 weeks. I doubted if Sylvia is even my sister or not, but then one look and my doubts vanished. She looked so much like dad. Same hair, same eyes. Now, I doubted if I am his daughter, but then he said, family, builds with love, not by blood.

“Valerio Rossi forced her....” He yelled. “Even Mr Rogers.” He whispered but I heard him.

No.

Dad will never force a woman. She is lying. She plans to defame dad. My father has two daughters, he knows the gravity of his action.

Losing control over my body, I didn't realize that I hit Hunter Maxwell until I saw his fuming black eyes.

What have I done?

“Hunter....” I called him but he was hypnotized by fury. Instead of answering me, he raised his hand to slap me, but then he stopped. Sophia Gran raised him to respect everyone irrespective of gender.

“You need to work on your issues... Ms Rogers.” He said and his words mocked me.

“Fuck you...” I said before charging at him, but he trains daily while I train only on weekends. He was able to defend himself like an expert while I simply mislay my energy.

“I am sure you will.” He smirked while dodging. I enraged when I heard him. He deliberately provoked me.

He is dead.

“Just because I never confronted you, it doesn't mean I am not aware of your little crush over me.” I threw my words at him which successfully mashed his all smirks from his face.

“That has nothing to do with this situation.”

“You think, I am not aware of your stupid plans...” I mocked him. “I already slept with your best friend who knew you like me... What a friend! He betrayed you.” I laughed.

Despite my intention was to hurt him and even I laughed but the look on his face was something I never imagined. I thought he would be enraged and will attack me or his confront his friend but no, it was the opposite. He stood in front of me with the betrayed face.

Yes, I do have a soft corner for him. We grew up together. We witnessed How Mark Rogers became the Secret Keeper. From living in a trailer near the park to Rogers estates, we have been with each other.

“Gran said I should meet you before leaving....” He sighed. “Before leaving, I wanted to give you advice. Beth is not like Emily nor like Ms Evans... Beth wants you as her eldest daughter despite the age difference of 6 years between you two. She loves Mr Rogers. Every part of him. And you are his part.”

“I can feel you attempt... You are trying to make me feel guilty.” Rolling my eyes, I opened the door for him where stood Eli with the brightest smile.

“This girl thinks you are her sister,” Hunter whisper, so that Eli wouldn't hear us.

“Sissy... How many candies will the tooth fairy will give me?” She showed us her newly broken teeth.

“Where is your mommy?” I asked. “You should be with her.”

“But I want to be with you.” She mumbled like an innocent child who got scolded. Those blue eyes similar to Beth reminds me how Beth was scared when I first time to meet her.

“You should show this to baby silver and Abi.” Hunter offered and beaming without another word, that little redhead runs away... To her baby silver, my baby sister, Beth's Sylvia and my Brother. Abioye is not dad's son, but he looks so much like him except his eyes. Those two different eyes. So innocent. As Abi looks like dad, so he is my brother. He is not like his father Andrew Schmidt.

“Since you know....” Hunter said and grabbed me into his kiss. But I didn't let him impose his kiss and slapped him.

“I don't want to see you,” I screeched.

“As you wish.” Bowing his head, he walked to downstairs. “You will miss me.” He claimed.

Fool!

Why will I miss him?

He was a driver for me and nothing else. Hunter Maxwell will be around every weekend otherwise Sophia will be alone. It is not good for her at this old age.

“But where is he going?” I asked myself, feeling guilty. “He will be with us for Christmas?”

For those who have already read beth and Eliza-beth, recall this????

1. Savannah's broken nose????

2. Hunter is leaving, but Where 🤔?

* the girl in the picture is 6 years old Eli looking at Savannah.

Please vote and leave feedback..... I mean comment 😁