12 : Families

Dedicated to SheLivesByTheWords

Savvy's POV

My voicemail, text, call, email... Everything was bombarded with messages by my family. My family went frantic in my absence. They are calling me, non-stop and demands my presence. My parents were furious when I asked if I could move out, 6 years back. Mom showered her tears and that was too annoying.

Elizabeth Rogers-Schmidt is emotional when it comes to her children.

I was 18 at the time, studying culinary at the next part of the world, yet I was compelled to come back to home. My plans were simple. Once I am done with my degrees, I would become a Chef, but then I started enjoying Mom's recipe.

“These recipes pass from one generation to the other in my mother's family. She passed it to me and I will pass it to all my children... Whoever is interested.” Mom said. “You being the eldest will get one special treat.” Those words melted my heart. She called me her eldest and gave me the recipe of her cookies, that is 'world-famous'.

That was a moment, I decided to be a baker and I don't regret it. Having mom in my life is the best event and being a baker is second best. And my siblings, they are in my life because of Mom.

“Savvy, I miss you.” I heard Eli's voice through my voicemail. People take the advantage of my love for Eli. Eli being the clone of mom is loves by everybody.

No one can resist Elizabeth Rossi. Her innocent non-stop talk so adorably despite her age. Although she is not Dad's biological daughter, she is his princess too. She is so much like Mom, but she is protective like a Rossi.

Making a mental note to call my family back, I prepared myself to talk to Hunter Maxwell. My decision is final about abortion. However, if Hunter desires to keep the baby, I will respect his decision and will give birth to the baby.

I am scared to be lonely, especially with a baby. Raising a child without a father is chilling. The child will ask for the father at some point and the answer is still a mystery to me.

Hunter is my hope. I don't know if he is the father but if he assures me his presence in a child's life, then at least, there would a person who is ready to play the father's role. And if Hunter is the father then It would be a tragedy for me.

Should I hate Hunter for having drunk sex with me? It is equivalent to rape. He accused me of raping him, yet I am carrying a child. Irony. No matter who rapes whom, always a female will have the child.

“Talk to him.” I chanted to prepare myself for the outcome. I could feel, Hunter is not going to appreciate. He made clear he doesn't want a baby. Even I consumed the pills, yet I am pregnant. I assume I was late.

Ringing the bell, I practised the announcement that I have to deliver to the 'so-called father'.

“You look beautiful.” Josh welcomed me. Josh Matthews is in my building. I don't own the building, and he can go anywhere he wants but at least, he should have the sobriety to stay away from me.

“What are you doing here?” I interrogated, trying to show him all my distaste of his presence. He should know, I will never take him back, and he should build a beautiful family with his wife. Whatever Grace did with me is disgusting, and I will never do this to anyone.

“A thank you would be fine.” Josh smiled. “I can go anywhere I want until it is harming to anyone.”

“Your presence is mentally harming me.” I retorted. The way he tries to persuade me the day when he received Grace's pregnancy is sickening. He said that day, that he would leave Grace, and we will adopt his child as our own. Why would I separate a mother and child? I have seen women fight for their child.

“I will wait. Grace and I will never settle down with each other... We will divorce soon.” His voice was laced with unwanted emotions that is beginning of his destruction.

“I want Maxwell.” Announcing the purpose of my presence, I hoped that Hunter would be here. He has to be here. He vowed to be by my side when we were young. Gran Sophia made him take that vow.

“She wants me.” Hunter interrupted while walking towards us, and I was surprised to see him not inside his flat. He was out.

“I wanted to invite her, but she looked least interested.” Josh raised his hands as a gesture of surrender and stepped inside the flat, leaving us alone.

“Stay away from him,” Hunter warned me the moment, Josh disappeared.

“I am keeping my distance from him. I need you.” Scowling, I noticed him. He is injured. What happened to him?

“Yes, you need me.” Mocking, he dragged me away from his door.

Oww.

It hurts. His touch is painful.

'Ravishing'.

But that touch was gentle.

“You are hurting me,” I complained and bite his massive palm, to win freedom from his grip. “Don't touch me.”

“I am not interested in touching you.” He rolled his eyes and crossed his arms over his chest. What he is doing?

Tapping his feet on the floor impatiently, he raised his eyebrows. Impatient eyes, sweating forehead... Something is wrong with him.

“Abort it.” He said.

“What?”

“Terminate the pregnancy.” He clarified. These words were expected, but how does he know?

“You think, I am pregnant.” I laughed to I can prove him wrong. I know I am pregnant but I wanted to him to lose his confidence.

“We have nothing to share, Unless you have a fetus that I put inside you.” The way he recited those words were completely devoid of emotion but those words... I was offended.

“Are you the father?” I begged.

“It was me who force releasing inside you.” He barked. “You forced me. Then I release twice.” He smirked. “ Initially, I wanted you to get pregnant but now, I don't want it... Terminate that thing.”

“You hate me,” I remarked. “I am sorry the way I behaved with you. I was insecure about everything.”

“I understand, Savvy.” Closing the distance between us, he cupped my cheeks. “I loved you when I didn't know the definition of love. But you broke my trust. You left my only family to die.”

Death.

Sobbing, I tried to hug him. He needs someone. I think, he has not accepted the deadly event. But instead he maintained our distance with force, keeping me away from him and his grip over my cheeks was getting tight.

“This baby could be your family.” I offered him. Maybe, we could be happy. The option of co-parenting is open. We can give the baby the best life.

Analysing his words and my offer, I learned he is not the Hunter Maxwell that I grew up. Neither I am the same Savannah Rogers-Schmidt. Neither He doesn't want the baby nor I.

Should I consider Sara's offer? She is ready to take the child.

I hate Hunter Maxwell. He is the only person who knows what happened that night. L and instead of answering me, he plays hide-and-seek.

“Stay away from me.” Pushing me away, he stopped inside his flat. “Abort it or else, you will regret.” He shut the door. “Remember what you did that night.” He said from the other side of the door.