49

Chapter 49

I found myself the next morning still on the couch, but so was Damon. We were both laying down as I slept, quite literally, on him. My arm was splattered across his chest as one of my legs rested on him. I shifted my head to take a look at him, finding him awake.

Ah shit.

My face instantly reddened and I quickly untangled myself from him, but his grip tightened on me.

"Where do you think you're going?" He spoke, and I could swear my heart skipped a few beats by the sound of his morning voice. It was raspy and a lot deeper than his usual voice, that was in fact already extremely deep and rich.

"I'm.. I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you sleep on the couch like this." I said lowly. He smirked at me and shook his head.

"Aye, I'm not complaining. This is the best sleep I've had in days." He said making me blush even more. I was still uncomfortably frozen in my spot, not familiar with the lack of space between us right now.

"What time is it?" I asked. There was a pause before he answered.

"Like 10."

"Okay." I replied, thinking about what I was planning on saying next. Until I filled myself with courage and spoke up.

"60 days." I said. He moved his hand to remove some hair strands away from my face. "You've got your 60 days, Damon."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Okay." He said with a soft smile. I started gently pushing away.

"We're taking it slow though. Starting new, remember." I said, sitting up on the couch and rubbing the sleep away from my eyes. He watched me with small smirk.

"Whatever suits you." He said, sitting halfway up and resting his way on his elbow. "Let me take you on a date."

"A date?" I repeated. It was too early for this conversation. I needed to have coffee first.

"Tonight."

"Um.. what time?"

"8. Dress nice."

"Okay." I simply replied with a small smile.

"Okay." He repeated with a playful wink, making me smile before getting up and making my way back to my room.

Damon's POV

I watched as she got up and started walking away, and I can't deny how the unintentional, slight sway of her hips got me a little worked up.

I missed her. I missed having her. But I have to win her back. I have to make her want me again. Luna was at her most vulnerable state at the moment, and I told myself I had to make sure she was taken care for mentally and physically. Rushing anything won't be fair to her.

I got up and ran a hand through my hair a few times, calming the mess that was on my head. I stood up and made my way back to the room I was staying in, taking of my shirt and removing the rest of my clothes as I entered the bathroom connected the room.