33

Chapter 33

I stared at Damon and couldn't help laughing lightly

"You're funny. We don't look that alike." I turned towards that goddess of a woman. "You're absolutely gorgeous, though. Nice to meet you."

But Damon's face was still straight. He sighed and motioned for both of us to sit. We sat on the chairs in front of his desk and he walked around and sat on his black leather chair.

"No, Luna. Not as 'you look alike she could be your sister'. Amelia is your biological sister." He said. I glanced at her and she gave me a small smile

Huh?

"Oh yeah?" I couldn't help laughing. "What's the next thing that you're going to tell me? I'm adopted?"

He looked between me and the girl for a moment.

"You are." He said. I raised my eyebrows at him. Is he high?

"What's this?" I asked. "What type of joke is this?"

"It's not a joke, angel. Listen, -"

"Don't say it if you're actually going to try to convince me about what you're saying right now. You sound beyond ridiculous." I said. I was a little annoyed.

"He's not messing with you." The pretty girl spoke. Amelia. "I'm the one who gave you up to an orphanage in Avalon when I couldn't carry your responsibility anymore."

I looked at her dumbfounded, not even knowing where to start with the questions. I still couldn't take either of them seriously.

"Look, I know this is a lot to take in but, Louise and his wife are not your real parents. They adopted you when you were 2. Hence why you won't remember me or your real parents."

"My real parents?" I asked, turning to Damon for support. His face was serious.

"Damon, this isn't funny." I said and he just shook his head before leaning closer.

"I would never say anything like this if I wasn't a thousand percent certain, kitten. You know this."

"How would you even know?" I asked Damon before turning to Amelia. "And how would you know I'm your sister if you 'gave me up' when I was two? How would you know what I looked like now?"

"I need you to hear me out. I will tell you the whole story." She spoke calmly and I looked at her. When I didn't say anything, she spoke.

"Your real parents were scumbags. They were alcoholics and broke. After mum got pregnant with you, I thought it was a miracle that you were born perfectly healthy. She did too. She couldn't afford an abortion so she figured you were gonna die on your own anyway because of how messed up her body and addiction was. You didn't. But when you were born, it made our dad mad. He didn't want to deal with another one. He hated children. He hated me. So they both just.." she paused and sighed.